Western uses several techniques to notify students, faculty, staff, and community members of an emergency. It is important that you become familiar with these tools and how they function to ensure that you receive timely communications when necessary. Western tests these systems, once per semester, to ensure properly functionality and to increase familiarity with the tools.
Western will communicate severe weather conditions and other emergency situations using several communication platforms including:
- Posting information to this website
- Text alerts to registered mobile numbers
- Pop-up messages on staff and lab computers
- Phone calls to registered numbers
- Posting information to social media accounts including Facebook and Twitter
- Loudspeakers placed on the exterior of the building
- Intercom system using internal phones
These systems will provide additional information about the nature of the emergency and what to do. Emergency updates and information will be provided using the same methods used to announce the event. Be sure to notify others if you are alerted to an emergency!