Western Wyoming Community College is a public, tax-supported, two-year, co-educational institution accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges & Schools, recognized by the Wyoming State Department of Education and the Veteran's Administration, and an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is under the control of a locally elected Board of Trustees responsible for governing Western Wyoming Community College District.
Western offers two-year transfer degrees for students who plan to pursue a baccalaureate, two-year occupational degrees and a number of 1- and 2-semester occupational certificates for students who plan to directly enter the workforce or who want to learn new skills or brush up on others. Many of the certificates are embedded within the corresponding occupational degrees.
- Humanities and Fine Arts: Art, Communication, Dance, English, Music, Musical Theatre, Spanish, Technical Theatre, Theatre
- Social Science: Anthropology, Criminal Justice, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Early Childhood Education, History, Political Science, Psychology, Social Science, Social Work, Sociology
- Science and Mathematics: Biology (including General, Organic, and Natural Resources degrees), Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geology, Mathematics
- Business: Accounting/Business, Business Management, Business Information Systems (including Application Software Specialist, Digital Media, and Medical Office Assistant degrees)
- Technology and Industry: Automotive, Diesel & Medium/Heavy Equipment, Electrical and Instrumentation, Emergency Medical Services, Industrial Maintenance, Mining Maintenance, Natural Gas Compression, Oil and Gas Production, Plant Operations, Powersports, Welding (including Fabrication Shop, Industrial Plant, and Mine Maintenance degrees)
- Health Science: Certified Nurse Assistant, Emergency Medical Services, Exercise Science, Nursing, Paramedicine, Pre-Dental Hygiene, Pre-Medical Sciences, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Radiology
For details on a specific academic program, see Major Programs.