Western Wyoming Community College's physical security and safety services are provided by the Protective Services Department. Protective Services Officers are non-sworn campus security employees of the Western Wyoming Community College that are charged with:
- Protecting interests of Western and the campus community on all campus leased or owned property.
- Providing information to the campus community and provide access to campus facilities.
- Providing support to all campus departments, student organizations and community stakeholders to enhance and preserve the learning environment.
- Providing services to enhance the safety and security of the campus community.
- Seeking compliance with campus policies; investigate policy violations and report crimes to proper authorities.
- Providing leadership in emergency management and coordinate with emergency first responders.
The mission of the Protective Services Department is to enhance the quality of life at Western by providing a safe and secure environment for students, employees and visitors by providing timely, professional services that support Western’s educational goals, and build community partnerships based on mutual respect, cooperation and trust.
The vision of the College is to enhance and preserve the quality of the learning experience of every member of the campus community by working together to provide a comfortable, safe and secure environment. This is achieved by maintaining professional services and building positive relationships with those we serve.
The Protective Services Officers aspire to concepts of trust, integrity, respect and accountability in the performance of their duties. As a department we set high standards working with positive attitudes, assuming responsibility and accountability for our behaviors, decisions and actions.
Protective Services Officers achieve success through cooperation, partnership and teamwork. Internal and external cooperation is key to the accomplishment of our mission. Protective Services Officers will take full accountability for the services that we provide. Training, learning and advancing competency are essential to our growth as individuals and as an organization.
As a department we will confront and embrace change seeking better ways to achieve our mission. Protective Services Officers believe in providing quality services in a timely and professional manner. We are service driven, team oriented and strive for excellence. Our services and duties will be conducted in a fair, consistent and respectful manner caring for people.