Transfer In

You may transfer from one college to another after your first semester. It is actually easier to get admitted to a four-year college as a transfer student than it is as a freshman. And if you are transferring from a four-year college, it can save you a lot of money. 

Step-By-Step Process

1. Apply for Western Wyoming Community College by filling out the Mustang Admissions Application

2. Request that any previous college official transcripts be sent to Western Wyoming Community College to the following address:

Admissions Department

Western Wyoming Community College

2500 College Drive

Rock Springs, WY 82901

3. Request that your official High School or GED/HiSET transcripts be sent to Western Wyoming Community College. Same address as above. 

4. Set up an advising appointment with an Advisor in the Academic Advising Office at 307-382-1660 or email.

5. If you have credits from other Wyoming institutions, see how they will transfer to Western at WyoTransfer.


Any institutional aid or scholarships from a previous institution may or may not transfer, depending on the aid.  Any federal financial aid, such as a Pell Grant or Student Loans, may transfer, depending on your FAFSA.  To confirm what may or may not transfer, please contact Mustang Central at 307-382-1677.

Depending on your ACT scores and previous grades earned at your previous institutions, you may need to take placement test as Western.  Please contact Mustang Central at 307-382-1677 for specific questions.

Most students transferring in will not need to take a First Year Success Course.

Once Western receives your transcripts from previous institutions, a review of your credits will be performed and a decision will be made regarding which credits will transfer and count toward your degree.  If Western does not accept a class for transfer credit, you have the option to provide extra documentation for review.  Western only accepts credit from accredited colleges and universities.  

Western needs official transcripts from each institution you have attended.