Benefits of Dual and Concurrent Enrollment:
- You can earn both high school and college credit at the same time.
- Students that participate in dual and concurrent enrollment have higher GPAs than students who do not.
- High school students who take college courses subsequently perform better in college than those with no history of dual enrollment course taking.
- Dual and concurrent students are more likely to go to college and complete
- Students who earned college credits in dual enrollment and similar programs before high school graduation have a lower average time to degree - 4.25 years compared to 4.65 years.
- By taking college classes in high school, the cost of college decrease for you and your family.
- Career and technical students have documented skills to offer their employer and a head start on further training.