Homecoming Chili Cook-Off
Western has teamed up with Downtown Rock Springs to host the third annual Homecoming Chili Cook-Off on Saturday, February 4 from 10:30 AM-1:30 PM! It is free to the public and chili will be served in Bunning Hall and various businesses downtown. Participants will be given a raffle card for chances to win prizes.
Other activities that day include:
- Children's Coloring Contest - Deadline Thursday 2/2 delivered to the Western Bookstore
- Meet Thunder the Mustang Mascot
- Mustang Pride Face Painting
- Men's and Women's Basketball Games (Rushmore Gym)
Businesses and individuals in Sweetwater County are invited to enter in the chili cooking contest! It’s FREE to enter! Western will be accepting submissions until January 27 for red or green chili. Three judges will blindly pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each red and green chilis. There will also be a People's Choice Award.
Due to Health Department requirements, all chili must be made in a licensed kitchen. If you do not have access to a licensed kitchen - not to worry! Western’s dining hall, Mitchell’s, opens its doors to allow contestants to use their facilities free of charge.
Here's what you need:
- Read our registration guidelines for details.
- Decide where your chili heat lands on the Scoville Scale.
- Fill out your registration form online or download and then send the completed form to Mikayla Larrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take a look at the temporary food requirements from the Sweetwater County Health Department.
- To schedule a time to cook in Mitchell’s contact Mikayla Larrow at email@example.com.
For those not interested in entering a chili, come Downtown and do some taste testing! The Homecoming Chili Cook-Off is family-fun for everyone. Attendees can meet Western's mascot, Thunder, get their faces painted, sample delicious chilies made by local chefs, visit businesses downtown, and mingle with community members.
Following the Chili Cook-Off, participants are encouraged to cheer on the Mustangs our women's and men's basketball teams take on Casper College in the Rushmore Gym, starting at 2PM! Winners of the Chili Cook-Off and participants will be announced at the games.
See you there, and - GO MUSTANGS!