Degrees & Certificates
The Cybersecurity Program is committed to helping students obtain the background, knowledge, and skills needed to be able to be successful in a cybersecurity career.
- Understand the basic elements of cybersecurity (the “CIA” of security). What is it that organizations are trying to protect?
- Be able to harden/secure common operating systems so as to make them more difficult to penetrate.
- Understand how and where to use security software and hardware to secure an organization’s computer systems and networks.
- Be able to explain what is needed to higher management in non-technical terms and in technical terms to information technology professionals.
- Understand basic security policies organizations should establish and plans for disaster recovery and continuity of operations organizations should have prepared.
- Be able to establish a program for risk management.
- Be prepared to accept a tier-1 position in a security operations center or to help an organization establish a security operations center.
This 61-credit associate of applied science degree prepares students for entry-level positions in the field of cybersecurity. This degree is offered either fully online or in a HyFlex format so students can complete coursework on their own schedule.
This 31-credit certificate is an excellent option to gain skills and well-rounded knowledge in the area of cybersecurity. It is a stackable option for an AAS in Information Systems or an excellent addition to other degrees including an AS in Computer Science or any of our business degrees.