STEM programs at Western include a diverse collection of disciplines that seek to better understand the world through observation and experimentation. Our programs prepare students for rewarding, high-demand careers that are well-compensated in exciting and challenging fields.
- The Natural Sciences program at Western teaches students to think critically, collect and analyze data, report findings, and have the opportunity to master a range of techniques and instrumentation.
- The Engineering pathway provides a firm foundation in physics and core engineering curriculum, allowing students to transfer seamlessly to most four-year institutions and to apply strong scientific skills to solve real-world problems.
- Computer Science is a fast-growing area providing students with knowledge of technology that is needed to manage the needs of today’s businesses.
- The unique and personalized learning environment for Exercise Science students at Western rivals that of a major university. Students leave with an average of 320 practicum hours, experience in screening, fitness testing, group fitness teaching, training one on one, and leadership experience.
- Western’s Nursing Program is a nationally recognized, rigorous program that produces high-achieving graduates whose work is regularly recognized as being excellent in their career.