Peer Tutor Internship
Western Wyoming Community College Tutor Employment Guidelines
A Tutor provides short-term tutoring to their fellow students (Tutees), which complements regular classroom instruction. The Tutor works with faculty to ensure that tutoring is consistent with instructor expectations and student needs. Tutoring is intended to help a student become an independent learner. The Tutor offers explanations and examples but does not do the Tutee's class assignment. The Tutor assists the Tutees by suggesting supplemental tutoring resources such as texts, website, and study groups when necessary. Tutors may also be asked to read or scribe tests for ADA students and or perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate confidentiality and professionalism.
- Be reliable and punctual.
- Communicate well with others.
- Work with students individually or in small groups.
- Work with faculty.
- Work with the Peer Tutor Assistant in carrying out duties
- Attend tutor training and meet expectations of internship.
- Provide Assistant with and email address where you can be contacted
- Currently enrolled for at least twelve (12) credit hours at Western Wyoming Community College.
- A grade of at least a "B" in the course(s) to be tutored.
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0
- Recommended as a tutor by content area Western Wyoming Community College faculty.
- Work up to 10 hours per week (may include ZOOM Online Tutoring).
- Complete and sign Western Wyoming Community College Employment Packet.
- Complete Peer Tutor Application Form.
- Copy of Western Wyoming Community College transcript and a copy of driver's license and/or Student ID to the Peer Tutor Coordinator.
- Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member of Western Wyoming Community College.
- Interview with Peer Tutor Coordinator.
- Add the Paid Internship Course.
- Attend Tutor Internship Course prior to your first tutoring appointment.
There are three levels of CRLA tutor certification available through the Peer Tutor Center. Each level has additional training that must be completed. This certification is transferable to other tutoring centers that are CRLA certified. Students tutoring in the Center are required to enroll in the HMDV 2475 Internship: Tutor Training (1 credit) class until they earn their Level 3 certification.
Western Wyoming Community College (Western) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, sex, religion, political belief, veteran status, age, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment, or participation in or employment in its educational programs or activities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Institution (EOE/EOI).