MOBILE         STUDENTS         VISITORS & FRIENDS         A-Z INDEX         DIRECTORY         WWCC JOBS         CAMPUS MAP         FAQ MyWWCC
WWCC Logo  
Left Navigation Bar About WWCC Academics Services Admissions WWCC Life Athletics Right Navigation Bar
Layout transition
Social Media Icons Facebook Twitter YouTube LinkedIn Google+ Tumblr Instagram
Frequently Asked Questions

The FAQ below answers the most common questions asked at Western. You can browse questions individually, expand all answers at once, or use the search box to filter questions and answers using any word, phrase, or fragment.

Expand all

Admissions: Where can I get an application for admission to Western?

We have an online application. Please visit our website and complete the application online.

Admissions: How can I apply for Admission to Western Wyoming Community College?

The application for admission is on our website.

  1. Create a login
  2. Click "My Applications".
  3. Click "Start a New Undergraduate Application".
  4. Complete the application and submit it electronically.
  5. Submit your official high school and all college transcripts.

Admissions: What are 'Official Transcripts'?

An official transcript is an academic transcript that has been received directly from the institution where you have attended. It must be sent directly to Western, have a seal/watermark and the appropriate registrar's signature, and be in a sealed envelope.

Admissions: How do I request transcripts to be sent to Western?

After you have completed your application for admission, we will need your official transcript from your high school or your high school equivalency completion certificate. You will also need to request official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended; they must be sent from the institution directly to Western:

    Western Wyoming Community College
    Mustang Central
    PO Box 428
    Rock Springs, WY 82902

Admissions: If I have college credits or a degree, do I still need copies of my high school equivalency?

The State of Wyoming requires you to show proof of high school equivalency completion. If you have been out of high school for more than five years or completed your high school equivalency more than five years ago, then you can submit an unofficial copy of this documentation to Mustang Central.

Admissions: Where do I send my transcripts?

Western Wyoming Community College
Mustang Central
PO Box 428
Rock Springs, WY 82902

Admissions: How will I know that I have been accepted to Western?

Once you have completed your application and your transcripts have been received and processed, you will receive an acceptance email and a letter from Mustang Central regarding your application status.

Admissions: Is there an admission deadline?

Western does not have an application deadline for the fall and spring semesters. Western is an open enrollment school, meaning you can apply anytime. There are no GPA or test requirements for admission.

Admissions: Is the ACT required for admission?

Whenever possible, submit American College Test (ACT)/(SAT) scores. This test is not a requirement for admission; however, all students are encouraged to take it. Information from the test is used to assist the student in educational and vocational planning. It is also required for those students who wish to be considered for academic scholarships and recommended for those who plan to transfer to a four-year college.

Students who have been home schooled must provide a national equivalency certificate or transcript or take the GED or HiSet exam or have an ACT of 21 (composite) or higher.

Admissions: How do I apply for Housing?

The housing application is part of the application for admission, in the section entitled "Residence Life".

Admissions: How long does it take to get accepted?

Once we have received your application and transcripts, you should be notified of acceptance within five (5) business days.

Admissions: Can I take my transcripts to Mustang Central?

If you have been out of high school more than five years, Mustang Central will accept a copy of your high school diploma or HSAT. High school and college transcripts that are less than five years old must be sent directly to our office.

Admissions: Can my transcripts be faxed or do they have to be mailed?

Please contact your high school and colleges and ask them to send an official transcript. They cannot be faxed. They can be submitted through the National Transcript Center, through an e-transcript service or the US mail. We will accept transcripts from colleges in Wyoming and University of Wyoming, whose transcripts are faxed directly from them to Western.

Admissions: I stopped attending Western. Do I need to re-apply?

Yes. If you have been out more than one semester, you will need to re-apply online and call Mustang Central to verify that we have all of your transcripts. If you applied but never attended Western, you will also need to re-apply.

Admissions: I attend Western now as a dual/concurrent student. Do I need to apply?

Yes. You will need to apply online and have your final, official high school transcripts sent to Western.

Admissions: I owe money at another college and they will not release my transcripts. Can I just remove them from my history?

No. You will need to settle your account with your previous college before you are accepted and allowed to enroll at Western.

Admissions: I was homeschooled, what do I need to submit for admission?

Students who have been home schooled must provide a national equivalency certificate or transcript or take the GED or HiSet exam or have an ACT of 21 (composite) or higher.

Admissions: Do I need to apply if I am only taking a class or non-degree seeking?

Non-degree seeking students are those who are taking credit courses on a part-time basis but are not working towards a degree or certificate. Non-degree seeking, part-time students do not have to complete the application process prior to registering for classes. Please call Mustang Central at 307-382-1677 to register.

Admissions: Can I receive a copy of my transcripts from Western?

Once a student has submitted official transcripts from another school, they become the property of Western and original transcripts or transcript copies will not be returned to the student. This applies even if the student does not enroll. Copies are not made for third parties.

Admissions: Do I pay out of state tuition if I live in the West?

Western, participates in the WESTERN UNDERGRADUATE EXCHANGE PROGRAM (WUE) Program along with 15 other Western states (Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, and Washington). On a space-available basis students from these states may enroll at WWCC in any program for 1-1/2 times the in-state tuition rate. Eligible students should address questions to Mustang Central.

Aquatic Center: When is the pool open?

The pool offers its "Recreational" and "Lap" swim times throughout the week. Swimming schedules are available at the pool. You may also check the online schedule.

Aquatic Center: What does it cost to use the pool?

Students and Employees (with ID): Free

Non-Students/Employees (Summer Semester Passes):

  • General Pass (Individual): $22.50
  • General Pass (Family): $40.00
  • Per Session Admission: $2.50
  • Punch Passes (10 Punches): $25.00

Non-Students/Employees (Fall and Spring Semester Passes):
  • General Pass (Individual): $45.00
  • General Pass (Family): $80.00
  • Per Session Admission: $2.50
  • Punch Passes (10 Punches): $25.00

Aquatic Center: What credit classes does the Aquatic Center offer?

Check the course catalog for semester offerings and details. The following is a list of courses often taught:

  • Aquatic Conditioning
  • Lifeguard Training
  • Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
  • Beginning Skin and Scuba
  • Beginning Kayaking
  • Advanced Skin and Scuba
  • Advanced CPR/AED (ARC)

Aquatic Center: Does the Aquatic Center staff teach beginning swimming?

Not lately, but come on Fridays at 11:30 a.m. or 4:30 p.m. and pay the $2.00 entrance fee. The lifeguard on duty will be glad to give swimming tips. The off-duty lifeguards/instructors will sometimes offer private lessons; check at the pool.

Aquatic Center: Does Western have a swim team?

No. Western belongs to the NJCAA - National Junior Collegiate Athletic Association - Region 9. There are no Community Colleges in Region 9 with swim teams. Travel would be costly to compete in other regions. Western supports UWYO Swimming/Diving. Competitive (off-season) training is a non-credit course for all ages that helps participants to stay in shape and to get technique tips.

Aquatic Center: Are there job opportunities available at the pool?

Yes. We have four different job positions available.

  • Lifeguards
  • Water Safety Instructors (WSI)
  • Gate guards
  • Federal Work Study
Gate guards and work studies must be Western students to apply. Check out our online job opportunities.

Athletics: What are the admission prices for events?

There is not an admission cost to attend regular scheduled events. Should Western host a conference or regional tournament, there may be an admission required as dictated by that organization.

Athletics: Can community members or students who are not on an athletic team lift weights in the Varsity Athletic/Free Weight Room?

No, not unless you enroll in the PEAC 1120 Intro to Free Weights class. However, students can purchase access to the Machine Weight Room and the Cardio Room for $15/semester and summer (with proof of student ID card). Community members can purchase the same accesses for $50/semester and $25 for summer.

Athletics: Are the home games broadcast?

Yes, for Men's and Women's Basketball, Volleyball and Wrestling. At this time Soccer matches are not broadcast. Learn more.

Athletics: Can I try out for an athletic team?

Some coaches have open tryouts and some do not. If you are interested, please fill out the Prospective Student Questionnaire or contact the appropriate coach via e-mail.

Athletics: How do I reserve a gym, the soccer field, or the baseball field?

You must contact the information desk at (307) 382-1809 to reserve any space at Western.

Bookstore: Where can I get information about the textbooks I need for my classes?

Please visit us at to get the most current and accurate information regarding your textbooks. This information will be available approximately three weeks prior to the start of classes.

Bookstore: Are all textbooks rentable?

Only selected textbooks are rentable each semester. They are available for rent both in the bookstore and through the website. You must have a debit or credit card in order to rent books from the WWCC Bookstore.

Bookstore: Why do I need to set up a bookstore account with Financial Aid each semester?

Mustang Central automatically sets up bookstore accounts for students the week prior to the start of classes as long as they have financial aid remaining after their expenses have been paid. If you do not want a bookstore account to be set up for you, please contact Mustang Central and let them know.

Bookstore: How long do I have to return a textbook if I decide I don't need it?

You are able to return your textbook for full credit with a drop slip through the first week of classes. (Dates vary; please inquire about specific dates within the WWCC Bookstore.) If you return it within this time period without a drop slip, you will be charged a 20 percent restocking fee. Books purchased within a week prior to the start of a block class may be returned no later than 24 hours after the first class.

Bookstore: If I miss the deadline to return textbooks, what are my options?

You can wait for the buyback period, which is held during the same three days of finals in May and December. Your other option is to go through the WWCC Bookstore website at, click on the textbooks tab, and then go to "Sell Back," where you are able to print a pre-paid label and ship to the wholesaler.

Bookstore: What is the difference between a web order and a reservation?

Reservation means the bookstore staff will pull your textbooks and hold them until the first day of classes for you to pick them up. They will need to be paid for at that time. With a web order, it is assumed that you want the textbooks to be charged out and shipped to you.

Bookstore: How long does it take to receive my web order and what are the possibilities of delays?

It could take five to seven working days to receive your order, depending on weather and textbook availability, and on whether your financial aid is set up as a bookstore account.

Bookstore: May I order clothing items along with textbooks with my Financial Aid account?

No. Financial Aid accounts may only be used for textbooks and school supplies.

Business Office: Can I cash a check?

Yes, up to a limit of $200.00, with ID however, we cannot cash third party checks.

Business Office: Where can I pay Locker Fees and Testing Fees?

You can come into the Business Office to pay for these fees.

Business Office: How do I get access to my timesheet on Mustang WebAdvisor?

Your supervisor must submit all the proper and required paperwork to Human Resources within three (3) days of the day that you begin work. Once that process is complete, Human Resources and Information Technology will set up your timesheet access. Once this has been completed, your supervisor will train you to access and complete your timesheet through Mustang WebAdvisor. If you have any questions regarding access, please see Human Resources or the Business Office for assistance.

Business Office: What if I miss the online timesheet deadline?

You will need to meet with your Supervisor immediately and have them complete, approve and submit your timesheet for you online. Then print a copy of the timesheet, sign it and turn it into the Business Office by the Supervisor's deadline.

Business Office: Can I change my W4?

Yes, you will need to go the Business Office and fill out a new W4 with the Payroll Accountant.

Business Office: Can I get direct deposit for my payroll check?

Yes, you will need to go the Business Office and fill out the Direct Deposit Authorization with the Fixed Asset Technician.

Business Office: Are there step by step instructions to the processes that go through the Business Office?

Yes, please access the Business Office Orientation Book which has step by step instructions, question/reference guide to the Business Office, and an introduction to the Business Office staff.

Business Office: When can I pick up my Financial Aid/Refund check?

If a check is being issued to you this week, you may pick it up in the Business Office on Friday afternoon. Or we will mail it to you. The Business Office can also hold your check. Simply contact the Business Office and give them your name.

Business Office: How do I reserve a travel card?

When filling out your Absence from Campus form, at the bottom of the page is "Travel Card Needed." Answer "Yes." You can pick up a Travel Card in the Business Office from the Accounts Payable Technician. Travel cards can be used for all business-related expenses EXCEPT meals and gas for your personal vehicle.

Children's Center: Who is allowed to attend the Children's Center?

At the WWCC Children's Center, we strive to meet the needs of students. We exist to provide support to students & parents and to provide a quality early childhood educational experience. When accepting children into the Children's Center, we accept children based on the following priorities. In each priority it is a first come, first serve basis. Once full, remaining children will be placed on a waiting list. The waiting list will be addressed the day following the last day to add full semester classes.

Here is the priority list:

  1. Students of Western Wyoming Community College
  2. WWCC employee children
  3. Students of partner colleges such as the University of Wyoming, Regis, etc.
  4. Students pursuing a high school equivalency at WWCC

Children's Center: How do I enroll my child?

Each semester a parent must complete a registration form, a copy of parent's schedule (which must be updated with any schedule changes throughout the semester) and a state immunization form signed by a doctor or public health nurse. The complete packet must be turned in before a child can start at the Center. Registration forms can be picked up in the Children's Center.

Children's Center: What age children do you accept at the Children's Center?

We accept children ages 2-5 daily and we accept 2-year-olds through 4th grade in the evening.

Children's Center: Do children have to be potty trained?

Children in the 2-year-old class do not have to be potty-trained. If your child is not potty-trained, we ask that you provide pull-ups while we work with your child on potty-training. Children must be potty-trained to attend the 3-year-old class.

Children's Center: What do I have to bring with my child?

  • A small, towel-sized blanket to leave in the classroom. These are washed with bleach weekly.
  • A seasonally appropriate change of clothes. (Shirt, pants, underpants, socks).
  • A lunch if they are at the Center between 12 noon and 12:30 p.m. Due to staffing constraints, we are not able to heat lunches.

Children's Center: What do the kids do all day?

The Children's Center uses Zoo-Phonics, a Phonics-based reading program. Our day consists of literacy, mathematics, science, art, music, computer, and gross-motor activities. In addition to the daily activities listed above, the Children's Center also provides a variety of visitors, field trips and special events to enrich your child's learning.

Children's Center: How much does the Children's Center cost?

Students are charged a per-credit-hour fee and a supply fee each semester. Students are billed upon enrollment. Faculty and staff are charged an hourly or daily rate and billed monthly. Please see our fee scale online or in our handbook.

Children's Center: How many hours can my child stay in the Center?

Students are allotted 1 hour per credit hour each week for class time and an additional hour to participate in campus activities, study, etc. For example, a student taking 6 credit hours is allowed up to 12 hours of child care per week at the Children's Center. Likewise, a student taking 12 credit hours is allowed up to 24 hours per week of care.

Children's Center: Do the kids get snacks?

Yes, the Center provides both morning and afternoon snacks.

Children's Center: What hours is the Children's Center is open?

The Children's Center is open Monday through Friday from 7:45a.m. - 5:15 p.m., following Western's academic calendar. Expanded evening hours will be offered to accommodate students participating in the Western After Hours evening program. Those hours will vary depending on evening class schedules and will be posted in advance of the start of the semester.

Children's Center: Does the Children's Center have safety procedures in place?

Yes. The Children's Center will issue access cards to the primary guardians of the child so they can gain access to the Children's Center. The Children's Center is always locked and only authorized people are allowed in the Center.

College President
& Board of Trustees:
Who are the current Board of Trustees members/officers?

Current Board member information can be found at:

College President
& Board of Trustees:
How can I contact the Board of Trustees?

Board member mailing addresses can be located at: You can also contact Kandy Frink, Executive Assistant to the Board of Trustees at (307) 382-1602 or

College President
& Board of Trustees:
How can I view Board meeting agendas/supporting documents?

Western uses BoardDocs, which is an internet-based paperless Board meeting portal. You can access BoardDocs two ways: Through the link titled "Meeting Agendas and Documents" on the left side of the Board of Trustees webpage: or directly at:

College President
& Board of Trustees:
How can I view previous Board meeting minutes?

An archive of previous Board meeting minutes from 2009 forward is available at: Anyone wishing to read Board meeting minutes prior to 2009 can contact the President's Office at (307) 382-1602 or

College President
& Board of Trustees:
How can I schedule a meeting with the College President?

Anyone wishing to schedule an appointment with the College President can contact Kandy Frink, Executive Assistant to the President, at (307) 382-1602 or

Distance Learning: Can I complete a degree completely online?

There are several degrees you can complete online. Please look at the Distance Learning website for specific degrees that may be completed at a distance.

Distance Learning: What is the best way to get hold of my online instructor?

Online instructors post their contact information within Blackboard under Contacts. All WWCC instructors utilize the email account. You should also check your syllabus for information on office hours. You can contact your instructor through email or by phone. See the staff and faculty directory.

Distance Learning: What is Blackboard and how do I access it?

Blackboard is Western's learning management system and is where students taking online courses "go to" class. Instructors will list announcements, course materials and assignments. Students access Blackboard through a single sign-on process with Mustang Cruiser. Once you are logged in to Mustang Cruiser, select Blackboard and enter your course.

Distance Learning: How do I get help with Blackboard?

Blackboard Help Contact Information:

  • (307) 382-1686 or (800) 226-1181
Help is available after hours on weeknights until 9:00 pm, with limited availability on weekends. If you need help after regular business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. - 5p.m.), please send an email or a leave a voicemail with your name, a number where you can be reached, and a detailed message. For additional student support, check the Distance Learning Student Resource page.

Distance Learning: How do I evaluate my online course and instructor?

All classes will use Evaluation Kit to complete instructor/course evaluations. Watch your Mustang Cruiser email or check your class within Blackboard for a link to complete the evaluation. Evaluations are available the last three weeks of class.

Distance Learning: How do I know when my online class starts?

Online courses follow the same calendar as other WWCC courses. The courses will be accessible on Blackboard on the first day of class. To confirm the start date, view your schedule in Mustang WebAdvisor under "My Class Schedule."

Exercise Facilities: What does it cost for students to use the Cardio and Fixed Weight rooms?

Students pay $15 per semester to use the Cardio and Fixed Weight Rooms.

Exercise Facilities: When is are the exercise facilities open?

The Cardio and Fixed Weight Rooms are open from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm, with the exception of the blocked out times when courses are taught in the facilities. Schedules of the blocked out times are published at the beginning of each semester.

Exercise Facilities: How can I get help with reaching my health and training goals?

Take one of the many PEAC, HLED, HOEC and PEPR courses offered for credit.

Exercise Facilities: Can I use any of the outdoor equipment in the equipment storage room?

The following outdoor equipment can be rented for a fee over the weekend:

  • Sleeping bags
  • Tents
  • Camping cookware
  • Backpacks
  • Snowshoes
  • X-country skis

Exercise Facilities: Are there locker rooms I can use to change and shower before and/or after my workouts?

Yes, the locker rooms are located on each side of the Rushmore Gymnasium. You can rent a locker for $5 per semester.

Financial Aid: I am going to start attending school next semester. What do I need to do to obtain financial aid?

If you are a U.S. Citizen, submit a FAFSA online at The information collected from the FAFSA allows us to provide Pell Grants and Loans to students, depending on need. If you are an international student, you can find and apply for scholarships at You can also find institutional and external scholarships listed on our website.

Financial Aid: Will you help me fill out the FAFSA?

Yes. You can call Mustang Central with any questions or stop by our office and use our student kiosk, where a specialist will provide assistance in completing the FAFSA.

Financial Aid: My parents aren't helping me pay for college; do I have to report their income on my FAFSA?

The government considers any student under the age of 24 to be a dependent, excluding special circumstances, and requires that your parents provide their income on the FAFSA. You will answer a series of questions on the FAFSA that determines whether or not you should be classified as a dependent or independent student. For more information, visit the federal website at

Financial Aid: Last year I was awarded the Pell Grant and this year I only qualify for loans. Why?

It is likely that you, your parents or your spouse made more money in the past year, putting you over the threshold of eligibility for the Pell Grant. If you think you have special circumstances and should still qualify for aid, you may fill out a Special Circumstances Form.

Financial Aid: When will I get the money from my loan?

The school will first apply your loan to your school account to pay for tuition, fees, room and board, and other school charges. If any additional funds remain, they will be returned to you. Loans must be used for your education expenses. Student loans are disbursed on two separate dates during the semester. Refer to your master promissory note or contact Mustang Central to find out the dates your loan will disburse.

Financial Aid: Can the Financial Aid Office move up my loan disbursement date?

No. Disbursement dates are regulated by the federal government, so we can't disburse your loans any earlier.

Financial Aid: Do I have to accept the full amount of my student loan?

No. You may accept any amount less than your maximum award. Come into Mustang Central or call the financial aid advisor at 307-382-1653 to reduce the amount of your loan.

Financial Aid: What is the maximum amount that a student may borrow with a student loan?

For this information, visit the Federal Student Aid website at

Financial Aid: Can I pick up my refund check?

Refund checks are mailed out every Friday, but we understand that sometimes students have extenuating circumstances. If you feel that you have a special circumstance, you may call the Business Office at 307-382-1613 to see if they will hold your check on campus for you. Checks are ready to be picked up in the Business Office on Fridays of the week they are disbursed.

Financial Aid: Where will my refund check be mailed?

For full-time students, refund checks are mailed to the students' current home address. If the student lives on campus, refund checks will be mailed on campus. For part-time students, refund checks are mailed to the students' current home address. (Please make sure Mustang Central has your updated home address.)

Financial Aid: Where do I find scholarships?

Visit the Financial Aid Scholarship web page. Or, visit Mustang Central or give us a call.

Financial Aid: How do I accept my Financial Aid?

Sign in to your Campus Cruiser account and hover over Mustang Web Advisor. This will open a drop-down menu on which you need to choose "Student Records - Financial Aid." On the left side of the screen, under the Financial Aid section, select "Aid Award Letter" to see what you have been awarded for the year and the criteria for maintaining the award. After you have viewed your aid award letter, go to "Accept-Reject FA Awards." Here, you may choose which awards to accept and which to reject.

Financial Aid: Where do I send my scholarship applications?

If it is an institutional scholarship, you will bring the application to Mustang Central. Most external scholarship applications will not be returned to Mustang Central but instead to the company or organization providing the scholarship. Make sure to read the scholarship information closely to find the correct mailing address to send your external scholarships to.

Financial Aid: I plan on going on a Mission between high school and college. How will this affect my scholarships?

If you intend to attend Western after your mission, please notify Mustang Central that you are going on a mission and would like for us to hold your scholarships for you. Please send Mustang Central a copy of your Call Letter and a statement requesting that we hold your scholarships until you return from your mission. If you are returning from your mission and did not notify us beforehand, please bring us a copy of your Call Letter, your Mission Release and a statement requesting that we reinstate your scholarships.

Financial Aid: I am thinking about dropping a class. How will that affect my financial aid?

Dropping a class can have great impact or no impact on your financial aid. It depends on how many credits you were enrolled in originally, how many credits you will end up completing after the drop, and what your final semester GPA is. It is wise to consult with a Mustang Central specialist to ensure that you fully understand the impact that dropping a class can have on your financial aid.

Financial Aid: When do I need to apply for financial aid?

The financial aid process takes several weeks to complete. It is recommended that students attending school in the Fall complete their FAFSA by the priority deadline of April 1. Students may complete the FAFSA at

Financial Aid: How do I pay for school?

You can pay for school out of pocket or by using financial aid. Complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at to see if you are eligible for the PELL grant, Federal Work Study, or Subsidized or Unsubsidized loans. Visit the Financial Aid website to research scholarship opportunities.

Financial Aid: Why haven't I been awarded my financial aid?

Log into Mustang Cruiser and review your financial aid status under Mustang WebAdvisor. On the left of the screen, you can view your aid status and aid award letter, accept or reject FA awards, and check document status. If your aid has not been awarded, it could be for any number of reasons. Perhaps you have not submitted all of the necessary documents to Mustang Central, or perhaps your aid has been put on suspension. Contact Mustang Central for more information about why your aid hasn't been awarded.

Financial Aid: What do I owe?

You can view your account balance and make payments through Mustang WebAdvisor in Mustang Cruiser. Contact Mustang Central for help with your account balance.

Financial Aid: I have a block on my account and cannot register. Why do I have a block?

Please contact Mustang Central to learn why the block has been placed on your account.

Financial Aid: I am on academic probation. What do I need to do now?

Probation is a warning that a student has not met Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for the previous semester. Students who are on probation can still receive financial aid. Failure to meet SAP while on probation will lead to suspension from financial aid for future semesters. For additional question regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress, view this web page or contact Mustang Central.

Financial Aid: Do I need to update anything with my financial aid for Spring?

Your financial aid account will not need to be updated for the Spring semester. Financial aid is calculated for the entire school year in the Fall.

Financial Aid: I received a bill in the mail, but I thought my Veteran's benefits covered everything.

Please contact our Financial Aid Advisor at 307-382-1653.

Financial Aid: Where can I cash a check?

You can cash checks up to $200 at the Business Office on the third floor.

Financial Aid: How do I get a loan?

Complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at to see if you are eligible for the PELL grant, Federal Work Study, or Subsidized or Unsubsidized loans. For additional questions, contact our Financial Aid Advisor at 307-382-1653.

Financial Aid: What are the deadlines for submitting my financial aid paperwork?

The priority deadline is April 1, but we recommend that students begin the financial aid process early. It could take four to six weeks to process the paperwork.

Financial Aid: Don't my Veteran's Benefits cover everything?

What is covered by Veteran's Benefits varies from chapter to chapter. Contact our Financial Aid Advisor at 307-382-1653 to find out what your benefits cover.

Financial Aid: When will I receive a check for the credit on my account from financial aid?

Student accounts are reviewed once a week and refund checks are issued on Fridays, with the exception of holidays.

Financial Aid: Why was the amount of my scholarship decreased?

You may have reached your maximum cost of attendance. Please contact Mustang Central for a review of your account.

Financial Aid: My coach said he was covering everything.

Review your Letter of Intent, speak to your coach, or ask a Process Specialist in Mustang Central to help you review your aid and your expenses.

Financial Aid: As the recipient of an external scholarship, how do I have the funds applied to my account?

The donor will send the external scholarship funds to the College, where it will be processed and deposited into your student account. If the check has both Western's and your name listed on it, we will need you to endorse the check before it can be applied to your account.

Financial Aid: I have been placed on Financial Aid Suspension. What do I do now?

If you have been placed on Financial Aid Suspension, you can fill out an appeal form, write a letter explaining your circumstances, and turn them in to Mustang Central. The Financial Aid Director will determine whether or not to grant your appeal. If your appeal is denied, you may attend classes without financial aid to improve your Student Academic Progress and try to re-earn your scholarships. You may also choose to have a hearing with the Financial Aid Review Board (FARB). Students can only go before the FARB one time during their academic career at Western.

International Students: How do I get a driver's license if I am an International Student?

To apply for a Wyoming Driver's License, you need a letter from the College. The letter must state that you are a full-time WWCC student and the expected duration of your stay. Then you must take two exams (written and driving) from the Wyoming Department of Transportation.

International Students: Do I have to take the TOEFL to be admitted to Western?

Yes, TOEFL scores are required for all International Students. An official SAT score report or a TOEFL score of 500 regular / 173 computer / 61 iBT or STEP Eiken Grade 2A or Cambridge ESOL exam or IELTS 5 are required for regular course enrollment. Western's school code is 4957.

International Students: Can International Students live off campus?

After living on campus for a year, some students decide to live off-campus. They believe the benefits outweigh the inconveniences. If you decide to rent off-campus, we advise you to check with students who are renting and ask them if they have had any problems. NOTE: Off-campus housing may be expensive in Rock Springs.

International Students: What do I need to do if I am an International Student and want to leave the U.S. temporarily?

  • Any students who plan to leave the U.S. for a holiday or summer vacation must have their current unexpired I-20 form signed or obtain a new I-20 to return to the U.S.
  • Obtain new forms from Mustang Central if the Form I-20 is lost or expired.
  • The forms need to be signed by the Vice President of Student Services.
  • The forms must be presented upon re-entry into the U.S.

International Students: Can International Students participate in Optional Practical Training (OPT)?

International Students interested in Optional Practical Training (OPT) must apply before completing their WWCC degree. OPT requires an application and fee. OPT provides an opportunity to gain employment experience in the student's profession. The work must be directly related to the major field. (Students CANNOT major in General Studies!)

International Students: Is medical insurance available for International Students?

All international students are required to have medical insurance at all times. Each semester, students will be asked to present proof of insurance coverage by a deadline. Those who do not have their own coverage will be enrolled in the WWCC College policy. The student is responsible for all insurance premiums. Insurance coverage must span the entire academic year.

International Students: How many credits do I need to take for my F-1 student visa?

International students under F-1 student visas must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours each fall and spring semester. (Summer enrollment is not required.)

International Students: How do I travel to Rock Springs?

Flights connect to the airport in Rock Springs, Wyoming (RKS) from Denver International Airport in Denver, Colorado (DEN). Please make arrangements to travel to Denver from your home country and connect to Rock Springs. United Airlines provides passenger service from Denver International Airport to Rock Springs.

International Students: What items do I need to bring with me?

You need to bring toiletry and clothing items. Keep in mind that the weather in Rock Springs is generally dry, clear and cool. Normally, there are three months of very cold weather from mid-December to mid-March. You may want the convenience of your own computer, although this IS NOT required. All other items may be purchased upon arrival.

International Students: Can I send items ahead of my arrival at Western?

Yes. Contact Student Engagement at 307-382-1827 for more information.

International Students: How does my family send me mail?

If you live on campus, you will use the following address once your room has been assigned:

    Your Name, Your Mail Box Number
    2500 College Drive
    P.O. Box 518
    Rock Springs, WY 82902-0518

International Students: What immunizations are required to attend WWCC?

All students must have the Meningitis and Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccinations. Students must provide documentation that these vaccinations have been received.

International Students: When is my payment due?

New students must pay the balance of their tuition, room and board upon your arrival at WWCC.

Learning Center: How do I get my high school equivalency?

The first step toward getting your Wyoming high school equivalency is to take the $5 TABE test which determines grade level equivalents (0-12.9) in reading, math and language. Your grade level in each area determines if studies are needed; if they are, then instruction and materials are free. If grade levels determine that studies are not needed, students take the five free practice tests that mimic the actual HiSET tests. If these scores indicate readiness, the student can register for the $60 HiSET test that is offered once a month both computer and paper based. Actual time of completion varies according to preparation needs.

Learning Center: Do you have GED/high school equivalency classes?

We have morning ABE classes in writing, reading, and math, M-TH from 9:00am - 12:00pm. There are also open labs from 12:00pm - 5:00pm M-TH, and T & TH from 5:00pm - 8:00pm.

Learning Center: Do you have citizenship classes?

Only the government may teach a citizenship class. However, we offer an eight week Civics and American Government class that teaches the skills necessary to pass the Citizenship test. This course is taught once a year mid-February to mid-April and is free to the public. Students purchase the text.

Learning Center: Do you have English classes?

We have both morning and evening ESL classes that run concurrently with the college 16 week courses. Morning classes start at 9am and go until 12pm, M-TH. Evening classes start at 6:30pm and go until 8:30pm, T & TH.

Learning Center: I want to know about the Option III program.

Option III is a high school credit recovery program that offers a full year credit in four subjects: Biology, American History, Math, and Language. This class requires HS counselor referral and passing score on a pre-test. The fee for the class is $60 for one credit or $70 for two credits. The course takes approximately two months to complete and runs year round.

Learning Center: What is the schedule for the Learning Center?

M-TH 8am-5pm, T & TH 5pm-8pm, F 8am-12pm
Summer: M-TH 10am-5pm, T 5pm-8pm

Learning Center:
I need information and schedule for TABE test.

The Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) determines grade level equivalents (0-12.9) in reading, math, and language. This test is required by the state of Wyoming in order to start the high school equivalency program and some law enforcement entities require this test as part of a pre-employment process. The $5 TABE test is offered M-TH from 3pm-5pm, T & TH 5pm-8pm, and Friday 8am-12pm. Summer: M-TH 10am-5pm, T 5pm-8 pm.

Learning Center: How much is the HISET?

It is $60.

Learning Center: I need my HISET transcript. What I need to do?

Most students who need a copy of their high school equivalency will go online to There is a nominal fee. There are rare occasions where students may contact our office and we may have an official copy.

Marketing and
How do I have a press release sent to media and posted online about my class or club's event or activity?

To have a press release sent to the public media (newspaper), please submit your request to David Tate, Director of Community Relations, at or visit the office in Room 3072 with information you would like to include in the release including photos. For posts on the Official WWCC Facebook or Instagram page(s), please send requests to In times of high demand, not all requests can be fulfilled. Post requests may also be denied due to content that is inappropriate, does not meet Western's marketing standards, or for any other unforeseen circumstances. Please include photos/videos, if any, in your e-mail (unless taken by the Campus Photographer).

Marketing and
How do I have something added or changed on the College website or Mustang Cruiser?

Contact the Webmaster at For student requests, authorization from a department head or other faculty or staff member may be required to fulfill the request.

Marketing and
How do I request to have photos taken of my activity or event?

Contact the Campus Photographer at 307-382-1390, or send email to Luke Nielson at to make your request. Please try to make your request 7 to 10 days ahead of time or as soon as possible to allow adequate time to schedule and fulfill your request.

Marketing and
How do I set up a Facebook or other social media page for my student club, team, or activity?

Contact Mustang Central at 307-382-1667 or send e-mail to, to request assistance with creating your social media account.

Marketing and
Where can I obtain an athletics poster?

You may obtain a poster in the Athletics Office, Room 2604.

Marketing and
If I have been approached by a media representative for an interview, what do I do?

You are not obligated to speak with media, nor are you prohibited by College policy from doing so. The decision to participate in a media interview rests entirely with you. If you are approached by a reporter regarding club activities, sports activities, classroom projects, volunteer activities, or other positive stories related to your college activities, you are encouraged to let your coach, professor, club advisor, or volunteer coordinator know either before or after the interview, so that person may inform the Office of Marketing and Communication that the interview has taken or will take place. In all cases, you have the right to decline the interview and to notify a faculty or staff member about the request. If a reporter asks you to comment on larger issues related to the College, or on issues that you feel uncomfortable speaking about, we ask that you notify a professor, coach, or advisor.

Mustang Success: How do I find out my Mustang Cruiser username and password?

Contact Mustang Central or the Mustang Success at 307-382-1660 to receive your username and password for Mustang Cruiser.

Mustang Success: How do I drop a class?

Before dropping a class, you should communicate with your permanent advisor and/or advisor in the Mustang Success. Your advisor will then be able to assist you with your student planning module and release any restrictions. You should make sure that dropping a class will not affect your financial aid, scholarships or eligibility. You should also be aware of the refund policy. Once you have considered these options and your advisor has lifted your restriction, you can log in to your Mustang Cruiser account to drop your course. Then follow these steps:

  • Hover over the words Mustang WebAdvisor after logging into Mustang Cruiser.
  • Choose "Student Records and Financial Aid."
  • Go to the left-hand side and click "View Account and Make Payments".
  • Click on "Plan Your Degree and Schedule Courses."
  • Find the Calendar that is for the term in which you need to drop the course.
  • Click on "Drop."
  • You have officially dropped your course.
  • You can check "My Class Schedule" to be sure the course has been dropped from your schedule.

Note: You may only drop during the drop period of the course. Complete withdrawals cannot be done using WebAdvisor. Contact Mustang Central with questions.

Mustang Success: When is the graduation application deadline?

Fall Completion: November 11
Spring Completion: March 1
Summer Completion: May 1

It is best to apply for graduation during the semester before you plan to graduate.

Mustang Success: How do I know what courses I need to complete my degree or graduate?

This is called a degree audit. To access your degree audit, log in to Mustang Cruiser. After logging in, hover over Mustang WebAdvisor and choose Registration-Planning. On the left-hand side, in the black, you can click on "Degree Audit Evaluation." Select your current academic program. If you are considering changing programs and would like to see what classes count toward another degree, look through the drop-down menu and select a new program, then click "Submit." Select your corresponding catalog year, click "Submit," and your evaluation will populate. If you have any questions about the classes you have taken or need to take, or are having a difficult time understanding your degree audit, you can make an appointment with your academic advisor or with the Mustang Success for assistance. You can also view your degree audit through your student planning module.

Mustang Success: When do I sign up for the Placement test?

You should complete the Placement test before attending a registration program or meeting with your academic advisor. You can sign up for the Placement test at any time. Please call 307-382-1600 or 307-382-1660 to schedule your test. The Placement test schedule is located at the Mustang Success site.

Mustang Success: How do I find out who my advisor is?

To find out who your advisor is, log in to Mustang Cruiser, hover over Mustang WebAdvisor, and choose Registration- Planning. Go to "My Profile" at the bottom of the menu on the left side. Your advisor and his or her contact information will be displayed on this page. Or, you can contact the Mustang Success at 307-382-1660 or at Mustang Central.

Mustang Success: How do I register for classes?

If you are a certificate- or degree-seeking student, you can register for classes by meeting with your advisor to discuss your schedule. Once you have identified the courses you need and their availability, you should log in to your Mustang Cruiser account and go to Mustang WebAdvisor to register for the courses. If you are a non-degree seeking student and are new to Western, contact Mustang Central, the Green River Center or a WWCC Outreach office. If you have attended Western, you can register through Mustang WebAdvisor.

Mustang Success: How do I take the Placement test if I am only taking online classes?

You can take the Placement test by contacting a WWCC outreach office or the Mustang Success at 307-382-1660 to schedule a test on the Rock Springs campus.

Mustang Success: How do I request my ACT and Placement scores and how many years are they valid?

Students requesting copies of their ACT scores need to contact the ACT Student Services (ACT Student Services; PO Box 414; Iowa City, IA 52243-0414 -or- call 319-337-1270. Web address: The ACT center is open Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Central Time. Placement scores can be requested through the Mustang Success (307) 382-1600. ACT scores and Placement scores are valid for 3 years.

Mustang Success: How do I change my major?

If you would like to change your major, you can contact the Mustang Success at 307-382-1660 and staff will update your major and assign you a new academic advisor. Or, use the online form.

Mustang Success: Once I have been accepted, when and how will I find out about registering?

If you are a new student who is planning to attend full time, wait until you hear about our registration options (registration programs or individual advising appointments). If you are a part-time or returning student, please contact the Mustang Success and make an appointment to enroll in classes with an academic advisor. Transfer students with more than 12 credit hours and a GPA above 2.0 may also contact the Mustang Success to register for courses.

Mustang Success: What do I do if I need to talk to my advisor and I cannot get hold of him or her?

Check your advisor's office hours schedule and try to go during that time. You may also want to call or e-mail your advisor to schedule an appointment.

Mustang Success: Do I have to see my advisor to register?

All degree-seeking students are assigned an advisor. You must see your advisor to plan your schedule and have the Informed Advising hold on your account removed. Once your advisor removes the hold and registration opens, you will have 48 hours to register prior to the hold becoming active again. Contact the Mustang Success or Mustang Central with questions or for assistance.

Mustang Success: What classes do I need to take?

Western's catalog will tell you what courses you need to take for every degree and certificate offered at Western. After you find your degree/certificate program in the catalog, log in to Mustang WebAdvisor to get a list of courses you still need to take from your degree audit evaluation. In order to make a sound academic plan, you should meet with your advisor prior to registering. Using the Student Planning tool in Mustang WebAdvisor is also a great way to plan your coursework over four semesters.

Mustang Success: How do I find my class schedule?

To access your semester course schedule, log in to Mustang Cruiser. Once you log in, hover over Mustang WebAdvisor and choose "Registration-Planning." On the left-hand side, in the black, you can click on "My Class Schedule." Select the appropriate term and click "Submit." Your semester schedule will show you what classes you are in and the times they start and end, as well as the start and end dates for the courses.

Mustang Success: Where do I get information about internships?

Contact the Mustang Success to make an appointment with our Student Success Advisor for Careers, Employment, and Internships. You can receive help with your résumé and application for internship. However, your internship will need to be sponsored by a faculty member and you will need to have the internship site approved.

Mustang Success: Where do I get a copy of my COMPASS Scores?

Your COMPASS Scores are available if you took the test through Western. You may pick up a copy in the Mustang Success or access the scores in WebAdvisor under "My Test Summary" in "Student Records- Financial Aid."

Mustang Success: How can I schedule a CLEP test?

To find out availability on CLEP testing or to schedule your test, please contact the Mustang Success at 307-382-1660. CLEP Tests cost $90.00 Pay a $10.00 proctor fee to the WWCC Business Office and pay $80.00 to CLEP. Please bring a copy of your Business Office receipt, your CLEP voucher number, and a driver's license to your scheduled exam time.

Mustang Success: Where do I register and pay for the Nursing Entrance Exam TEAS Test (Test Essential Academic Skills)?

Students entering the Nursing program must register and take the Test Essential Academic Skills Test (TEAS Test). The test costs $65.00 to be paid to the WWCC Business Office. After paying, the student must take their receipt to Stacie Lynch-Newberg (room 1412) to schedule their test date. The test is offered only in March of the calendar year. Students can contact the TEAS center at

Mustang Success: Where do I get more info on the ACT WorkKeys job skills assessment?

The Workforce Development offers various testings' for the following: Pearson View; AMP Testing; Castle Testing; Prometric Testing: PAN Testing. For scheduling of test times and cost, contact the Workforce Development (307) 872-1301 or

Mustang Success: What is Academic Alert and how does it go away?

If you are on academic alert, you have earned a semester GPA of less than 2.0 in one semester. A minimum GPA of 2.0 must be earned the next semester to return to good standing. It is advisable to make an appointment with the Mustang Success to discuss your academic standing.

Mustang Success: What is Academic Probation?

If you are on academic probation, that means you have had two consecutive semesters of earning a GPA of less than 2.0. A registration hold will be placed on your record. You are required to make an appointment with the Mustang Success to register for courses or change your schedule. During the appointment, your academic standing will be discussed, and the potential repercussions of continuing to maintain a GPA lower than 2.0 will be explained. You will also be required to sign an academic contract.

Mustang Success: What is Academic Suspension?

If you have earned lower than a 2.0 for three consecutive semesters, you will not be allowed to register for courses for at least one semester (summer semester DOES NOT count as your semester off). If you have already sat out for a semester and would like to register for classes, you will need to make an appointment with the Mustang Success. You will be placed on academic probation and must earn a GPA of 2.0 or higher during the semester in which you return.

Note: This academic suspension is different than Financial Aid suspension.

Mustang Success: How do I appeal my academic suspension?

All appeals for academic suspension must be submitted to the Registrar in Mustang Central using an Exception Request form. Students not satisfied with the Registrar's ruling may appeal to the Vice President of Student Services.

Mustang Success: How do I reserve Rushmore Gymnasium or the Auxiliary Gym?

Use 25Live to submit a request to reserve a campus facility or contact Jennifer Griffin at 382-1809.

OIS Lab: Where is the lab and when is the lab open?

It's in room 1448 on Faculty Row. During the school year, the lab is open:

    Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
    Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
    Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

These hours are subject to change depending on college holidays. Please seek information by calling 307-382-1773.

Please call us at the number above for summer hours.

OIS Lab: What kind of computers and other equipment are in the lab?

The computers are desktop machines with Windows operating systems. We have several scanners available for students. We can also check out equipment such as a webcam or a voice recorder. Ask! Maybe we have what you need.

OIS Lab: What software is installed on the computers in the lab?

Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Quickbooks, and more.

OIS Lab: Can children come to the lab?

The lab is designed for Western students who are completing assignments for their classes. Children are not allowed. (The library does allow children and they have available computers for students.)

OIS Lab: Can I bring food and drinks to the lab?

No food or drinks are allowed in the computer lab next to the machines. Water bottles with a lid are fine. Our lab has recently been remodeled and we want to keep it looking new!

OIS Lab: Can I work with my classmates on a project?

The OIS Lab has two areas that are fabulous for group work. They have 40" monitors and there is room for 4-5 students to work together.

OIS Lab: Is there someone in the lab to help me with my homework?

The staff members in the OIS lab are there to assist students with their computer application courses and with general software questions.

OIS Lab: Can I print for free? Is there a color printer?

Yes! Students can print homework without paying a fee. If you need to print a large amount, please see the Print Shop for assistance. Ask a staff member how to gain access to the color printer.

Parents: How can I get information about my student?

Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), families have no automatic rights to information on a student's educational records (grades, transcripts, class attendance, disciplinary records, financial records, etc.). To address this issue, Western encourages students to sign a release form so that we can talk to you about issues such as payment, problems in classes, and involvement in activities. Contact Mustang Central for more details about the Information Release Form.

Parents: What services are available for students with disabilities?

Disability Support Services is dedicated to promoting full participation of individuals with disabilities in post-secondary education classes. All services are administered under strict guidelines of confidentiality. Students with documented disabilities may qualify for reasonable accommodations. To obtain services, students should contact the Disability Support Services Coordinator in the Support, Disability and Counseling (SDC) Center, Room 2011. Documentation of the disability will be required, as will a release of information to inform instructors of accommodations. The Disability Support Services program provides a variety of educational services to disabled students under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Parents: Will my student's coursework transfer to a university after he/she attends Western?

Yes. However, your student needs to be aware of a few things that may affect the transferability of some credits: Developmental coursework (below 1000) does not transfer; occupational courses in AAS and Certificate programs aren't really designed for transfer; D and F grades will not transfer. For more information, contact the Mustang Success at (307) 382-1660.

Parents: How do I know how much money my student owes and when it is due?

All account information is accessible on Mustang WebAdvisor. Email notifications are sent to students and are no longer mailed. It is important for students to check their Mail Cruiser email on a regular basis.

Parents: When is payment due?

Due dates are published in the class schedule each semester. All bills and access to information on the amount due is limited to the student without a signed release on file, so be sure you are communicating with your student. Contact Mustang Central with questions.

Parents: What job opportunities are available to my student?

There are many opportunities both on and off campus. We recommend that students work no more than 10-15 hours a week. On-campus jobs may pay a little less but they give students a chance to connect to the institution and gain experience in their major field. Off-campus jobs are readily available in retail and fast food.

Parents: Is my student automatically covered by health insurance?

No. Western does not have a required health insurance policy, nor do we have a health center on campus. Each full-time student is covered by a $1,500 accidental injury insurance policy designed to supplement current coverage. An optional health insurance package is available. Contact the Vice President for Student Services' Office at (307) 382-1655 for more information or to file a claim for an injury.

Parents: What if I want to learn more information about supporting my student?

Visit the Student Engagement site for information and parent newsletters.

Peer Tutor Center: Where is the PTC located?

Room 2006. When you get at the pendulum, go upstairs to the 2nd floor, and the room will be across from the elevators.

Peer Tutor Center: When does the PTC open?

Monday-Thursday: 10am-5pm
Friday: 10am-3pm
Tuesday and Thursday evenings: 5pm-8pm

Peer Tutor Center: Do I need to set up an appointment?

It is recommended to set up an appointment. Tutors will not always be available when you come in for a help, and students with appointments will be the first priority.

Peer Tutor Center: What ways do you provide tutoring sessions?

Usually face to face with one students or a group of students. Sometimes we do tutoring through skype if needed.

Peer Tutor Center: What subjects do you tutor?

Most of the courses offered at WWCC.

Peer Tutor Center: What if I want to be a tutor?

You will need to apply at the PTC. Major requirements: you have to be a full-time student at WWCC, have at least a grade of B in the subject you want to tutor. For more details about the application requirements, stop by the PTC.

Peer Tutor Center: Is there any fee?

No. There is no charge for tutoring; it's all free.

Peer Tutor Center: Can I choose my tutor?

Yes. When you come in, whoever tutor is available for the subject will help you. However, if you need a specific tutor, you will need to set up an appointment with the tutor.

Peer Tutor Center: How long does a tutoring session last?

Usually one hour, but it can be less depending on how much help you need. If more than one hour is needed, set up an appointment for how much time you need, but it cannot be more than two consecutive hours.

Peer Tutor Center: Do you tutor even during the summer?

Yes. During the summer, the PTC is closed, but all the tutoring sessions are held in the Learning Center (Room 2051) located by the school library.

& Records:
How do I request an enrollment verification or proof of enrollment?

There are several methods to request enrollment verification:

  • Visit Mustang Central and complete the form.
  • Go to the online downloadable form
  • Go to Mustang WebAdvisor and select "Student Records - Financial Aid." Select "Enrollment Verification" from the menu on the left, complete the information, and submit. The information will be received by Mustang Central and processed as needed.

& Records:
How do I request a transcript?

On Western's website, click on "Services" and then "Transcripts." This will provide a link to the National Student Clearinghouse. The student will need to sign the form electronically for permission of release of transcript.

& Records:
How are my transcripts from other colleges evaluated and transferred to my WWCC transcript?

Transcripts are evaluated for transferability as they are received in Mustang Central. Students who have completed the application process will have their transcripts evaluated first. For information about Western's transfer policy, go to:

If you have questions about how your credits will transfer or have transferred, contact Mustang Central.

& Records:
How do I get a copy of my GED scores?

If you completed the GED at Western, contact the Learning Center to obtain a copy of your record. If you took the GED at another location, contact the Department of Education of that particular state. You can access that contact information online through Google.

& Records:
How do I have my residency for tuition purposes reviewed or changed?

To obtain residency, complete the form online and provide proper documentation.

The Registrar makes decisions regarding residency. See the Residency Policy at:

& Records:
As a student, I want to rent a locker to store my books and school supplies. Where do I rent a locker?

Contact the office of Physical Resources at (307) 382-1681. Cost is $5.00 per locker per semester.

& Records:
When are classes canceled due to bad weather (Snow Day Policy)?

Bad weather may cause classes to be canceled. Decision will be made as early as possible and announced through local radio and television. When the College does not cancel classes, but travel is being restricted by local law enforcement agencies, students and staff may use their own judgement regarding travel. Students will not be penalized for classes missed during this time, but they must contact their instructors to let them know they will not be in class. Students may call WWCC for list of canceled classes: (307) 382-1600.

& Records:
I am a graduate from WWCC and have moved out of state. My dependent under the age of 24 would like to attend WWCC. Will my dependent be classified as a Wyoming resident?

A legal dependent under the age of 24 of a Wyoming Community college graduate may be classified as a Wyoming resident for tuition purposes at any Wyoming community college.

Residence Halls & Dining: Do I have to purchase a meal plan if I live in the residence halls?

When living in the residence halls, all freshmen and all students in non-kitchen units are required to purchase either an A or B meal plan. This requirement ensures that our Food Service provider has a guaranteed number of participants to operate services on campus. Sophomores, living in a kitchen unit, and commuter students are encouraged but not required to purchase meal plans. To be considered a sophomore for meal plan purposes, the student must fulfill one of the three following criteria:

  1. Transferring students must have completed at least 32 credit hours.
  2. Part-time students must have successfully completed at least 32 credit hours on campus.
  3. Transferring students must have completed at least 32 credit hours.

Residence Halls & Dining: Who may purchase a meal plan?

Anyone! Students, faculty, staff, community members... anyone may purchase a meal plan! You can find more information at

Residence Halls & Dining: How can I get a meal plan?

Meal Plan Contracts are sent as part of the Residence Halls Lease Packet. You may also obtain the Meal Plan Contract at Mustang Central.

Residence Halls & Dining: How do I change my meal plan?

A meal plan can be adjusted during the first three days of classes only and subject to proration and only if the Dining Dollar balance can be transferred to the new plan.

Residence Halls & Dining: How does a meal plan work?

  • Plans A, B & C allow for 275, 175 or 75 meals per semester in Mitchell's.
  • Dining Dollars are available to use at T-Rex Grill or Mitchell's.

Find more information in the Residence Halls Handbook.

Residence Halls & Dining: What are Dining Dollars?

Dining Dollars may be used to purchase additional meals for family and friends. Additional dining Dollars may be purchased at any time by going to Check your balance regularly and use all of your DD's because they will expire at the end of the academic year, which is marked by Graduation in May.

Residence Halls & Dining: How can I add money to my card for meals?

If you want only to have Dining Dollars without a meal plan, or to add Dining Dollars separately from the meal plan, you must do that through Mitchell's Dining Hall.

Residence Halls & Dining: Is Mitchell's Dining Hall open over the winter and summer breaks?

No. You may call Mustang Central or check the Residence Hall Handbook for exact dates and hours of operation.

Residence Halls & Dining: What dining options are available on campus?

Western has two dining locations on campus. T-Rex Grill (Starbucks) is a retail option and Mitchell's Dining Hall is a buffet-style option. Both locations open at 7:30am, M-F. Mitchell's has breakfast, lunch and dinner hours until 7:00pm, M-F and weekend hours. T-Rex Grill has grab-n-go hot and cold items until 7:00pm M-TH; closes at 5:00pm on Fridays during the semesters. Mitchell's is closed during the summer; but, T-Rex Grill is open from 7:00am - 5pm; M-TH; closed on Fridays. Hours may change without notice. Visit the Dining Services site at

Residence Halls & Dining: Where can I purchase a faculty/staff meal plan?

The Business Office will gladly take your payment for a faculty/staff meal plan and you can even choose payroll deduction. Your employee ID will become your access to meal plan.

Residence Halls & Dining: What are dining dollars?

Dining dollars are used on campus at our two food service locations and are used as a declining balance. If you purchase $50, you will get a credit of $55 to spend. If you purchase $100, you will get a credit of $110 to spend. You a 10% bonus and free money to spend at the food service locations on campus. You can purchase dining dollars at Mitchell's, T-Rex Grill or online at

Residence Halls & Dining: Where do I order catering for an event on campus?

The catering request is online at If it is for a large group (100+ people or special event, please also call ahead to Dining Services at 307-382-1674. Make sure and book your room with Facilities first by calling Jennifer Griffin at (307) 382-1809.

Residence Halls & Dining: Where can I see the daily menus?

Residence Halls & Dining: Can I drop below full-time and still have housing?

No. You must be a full-time student (12+ credits) to qualify for on-campus housing.

Residence Halls & Dining: When will I know who my roommates are?

Lease packets for the fall semester are sent out in June and contain any roommate information that we have at that time.

Residence Halls & Dining: When can I move in?

Housing Check-In Day falls on the Saturday before classes begin in the fall and on the Friday before classes begin in the spring.

Residence Halls & Dining: Where do I get my mail?

All on-campus residents are assigned a mailbox located next to the Bookstore on the main campus. Packages or larger mail may be picked up from Shipping & Receiving. Notices of packages are emailed to your Mustang Campus Cruiser email account and indicate when your packages may be picked up. You also have the option of receiving package notifications via text message. Visit the Mailroom/Shipping staff to sign up for text-message notifications. Your student ID must be shown to pick up packages. You can find more information at the WWCC Shipping site.

Residence Halls & Dining: How do I switch rooms?

Room changes cannot be made unless authorized by the WWCC Residence Halls Assistant. If you switch rooms without authorization, total contract cancellation may occur. The Residence Halls Assistant welcomes room change requests but not until the third week of class. Room changes before this time would not provide you with a complete list of vacancy options. You will be responsible for the cost difference of the new room if applicable. Contact the Residence Halls Assistant to put in a request to change rooms.

Residence Halls & Dining: If something is wrong with my room, how do I put in a work order?

  • Tell your Resident Assistant.
  • Let the Mustang Central Office know by calling 382-1677 or going to the office in person.
  • Contact the Physical Plant Office by calling 382-1681 or going to the office in person.

Residence Halls & Dining: I'm moving out of my room in the residence halls and need a refund.

  • You must remove all personal property from the room and storage.
  • The room must be cleaned by you and then inspected and approved by a member of the residence hall staff. The Room Condition Form must be signed by you and by the staff member.
  • The proper check-out records will be processed by the Residence Halls Assistant. If you owe money to the College, the deposit will go toward paying those charges before it is refunded. Residence hall charges end on the date of official check-out.
  • If proper check-out is not achieved, the deposit will not be refunded.
  • If your residence hall check-out is completed satisfactorily, and your college account is current, you will receive a maximum refund of $125 of the $150 required deposit in the mail within about six weeks. The other $25 of the deposit is charged for an administrative fee.
  • You are responsible for a thorough cleaning of your room before checking out. If your room is not cleaned to the housing staff's satisfaction, a cleaning fee will be charged and the housing deposit may be forfeited. Should the College have to clean your room, the standard charge is $25/hr. per custodian.

Residence Halls & Dining: What happened to the property I left in my room after I moved out?

Any personal property that the College deems as abandoned by a resident who has moved out will be placed and held in college storage by the college for no more than 15 days. The student will be notified of this in writing. If the College is not notified by the student in writing within 15 days of the notice that he/she will retrieve the personal property within an additional 15-day period, the College will take possession of the property and may retain, donate or dispose of the property as the College sees fit. Any labor used by College personnel associated with moving the personal property from the student's room to storage will be charged to the student's account at a rate of $25 per hour. Any personal items that the College deems as unable to be stored due to health or cleanliness concerns may be disposed of immediately and not stored. The college is not responsible for the loss of these items. Any cleaning of the room associated with College personnel moving the personal property will also be charged to the student's account at $25 per hour.

Residence Halls & Dining: Can I live on campus over Winter Break?

If you lived on campus during the fall semester and are pre-registered for 12 credits for the spring semester, you must notify the Residence Halls Assistant by the deadline that you plan to stay for the Winter Break. Please contact Mustang Central for that date. If you stay through the Winter Break and then cancel for the spring semester, charges for those days will be added to your student account. New students cannot move in until the January Check-In Day. Please contact Mustang Central for that date. Please note that Mitchell's Dining Hall is closed during the Winter Break.

Residence Halls & Dining: Can I live on campus over the summer?

If you lived on campus during spring semester and are pre-registered for 12 credits for the fall semester, you must notify the Residence Halls Assistant by the deadline that you plan to stay for the summer. Please contact Mustang Central for that date. If you are enrolled in summer credit classes, you may live on campus for the duration of the classes. You may not move in before the class starts and must move out when the class ends. If you have applied to graduate and sign up for summer housing, you must take a summer class. New fall students cannot move in until the August Check-In Day. Please contact Mustang Central for that date. Please note that Mitchell's Dining Hall is closed during the summer break.

Residence Halls & Dining: How are the residence halls rooms furnished?

All rooms are furnished with extra-long twin beds, dressers, desks, and desk chairs. All non-kitchen units are equipped with Micro-Fridge units All kitchen units include a fridge and a stove/oven, dining-area furniture, and living-room furnishings. A microwave is not provided with apartments. College furniture may not be removed from the rooms. You are welcome to bring your own furniture items but you cannot take the college furniture out.

Residence Halls & Dining: Can I cook or have a coffee pot in my rooms?

Cooking is allowed only in kitchen-style units. Limited cooking, using only microwaves, is permitted in non-kitchen units. Any appliance in which the heating element is exposed is not allowed in non-kitchen-style units (i.e. George Forman Grills, toasters, coffee makers, grills, etc.)

Residence Halls & Dining: Is there cable television in the rooms?

Cable TV access in individual rooms is possible in all rooms except those in Rocky Mtn. If you are interested in activating cable in your room at your own expense, contact Sweetwater Cable at 307-362-3773.

Residence Halls & Dining: How do I request a combination change for my residence hall room?

Contact the Residence Halls Assistant to request a combo change. There will be a charge of $20 assessed to the occupants of the room. Any exception to this policy must be approved by the Dean of Students.

Residence Halls & Dining: How do I get a parking sticker?

You must obtain a campus parking sticker at Mustang Central at no charge to you. Please be sure to have your license plate number with you when obtaining your campus parking sticker.

Residence Halls & Dining: What are the hours and location of the computer labs in the Residence Halls?

There are two computer labs in the residence halls. Labs are open from 5 a.m. - 2 a.m.

  • Rocky Mountain Hall II - 4th Floor, 19 computers
  • Aspen Mountain Hall - 1st Floor, 4 computers

Residence Halls & Dining: Where do I do my laundry?

The residence halls' laundry system is very convenient because it requires no money to operate the machines. Just put your clothes in and push the button. There is a $25 charge per student per semester to support the service, but when you consider cost of coin-operated laundry, this is a good rate. The laundry rooms are located:

  • Rocky II - first floor
  • Snowy Mtn., White Mtn., Teton and Wind River Hall - basement
  • Aspen Mtn. Hall - second floor

Residence Halls & Dining: What are the hours and location of the exercise rooms in the Residence Halls?

Each of the Residence Hall Exercise Rooms has a treadmill, an elliptical machine, a bike, and a personal gym. They are air conditioned with cable TV and are open 24/7 with card access.

  • Exercise Room #1 - 2nd Floor Rocky Mtn. Hall
  • Exercise Room #2 - 1st Floor Aspen Mtn. Hall

Residence Halls & Dining: Can I borrow a vacuum cleaner?

Each Resident Assistant has a vacuum cleaner that you can check out. Vacuum cleaners are also available at the RA Desks in Rocky Mtn. Hall II and Aspen Mtn. Hall. Be prepared to leave your ID when taking out the vacuum cleaner.

Residence Halls & Dining: Does the college provide additional storage for my stuff when I live in the residence halls?

Additional storage space is provided in the three apartment buildings, Wind River Hall and Aspen Mtn. Hall. This space may be used for storing suitcases, etc. At no time should engine parts or other combustible items be stored in the residence hall storage areas. All items must be labeled for identification. Any units that are not properly labeled will have the contents removed and donated to a local charity organization.

The College is not responsible for any theft of or damage to personal property placed in storage. It is strongly recommended that you check with insurance agencies regarding renter's or homeowner's policies to make sure that personal property is covered while attending school.

Contact the Residence Halls Assistant to check out a storage unit.

Residence Halls & Dining: How can I get elevator access?

You will be granted temporary access to the elevators with written documentation of the need from a physician or from Western's ADA Office, located in the Support, Disabilities, & Counseling Center.

Residence Halls & Dining: Can I have a guest stay over in my room in the Residence Hall?

A guest of the same gender as the host may be accommodated overnight in a student's room if the guest is approved by the roommate(s) and officially registered with a Resident Assistant. Registered guests may stay a maximum of three nights at no charge. Ten dollars a night will be charged thereafter up to seven nights from the time of the guest's arrival. A guest may not stay in the residence hall for more than a total of seven days in any given semester. Children under the age of 12 are not allowed to stay as guests overnight in the residence halls. Exceptions to the regulation can only be made by the Dean of Students. All overnight guests must register with the RA by no later than 7 p.m. on the evening of their stay. Failure to properly register a guest could result in sanctions for the resident host. On-campus residents are not considered guests, and as such are expected to reside in their assigned room unless given expressed permission from the Dean of Students or the Coordinator of Residence Halls to stay in alternate accommodations. Cohabitation is not permitted. Violations of this regulation could result in loss of the residence halls contract for the resident(s). Married resident guests must be approved by the Dean of Students on a case-by-case basis.

Residence Halls & Dining: Can I have my pet in the Residence Hall?

Most clean, confined, and well-behaved pets of reasonable size are welcome in the residence halls as long as the following rules are adhered to:

  • All pets must be approved by the Coordinator of Residence Halls and by the requestor's roommate(s) by using the "Pet Approval Form".
  • Dogs, Cats, Snakes, Wild Animals, Arachnids & Insects are not allowed in the residence halls as pets.
  • Pet owners must care for their pet. Any evidence of abuse, including an unclean living environment, will result in loss of the privilege to have the pet.
  • Tanks (with or without water) larger than 10 gallons are not permitted.
  • Residents must take full responsibility for any damage or cleaning charges caused by their pet.

Service Animals: Service dogs will only be permitted as Service Animals in the Residence Halls if each of the following conditions is met:
  1. The animal is required because of a disability.
  2. The animal has a specific work or task to perform and has been trained to perform that task.
  3. Approval of the service animal must be granted by Western's ADA Specialist and by the Dean of Students.
  4. Students who are approved to have a Service Animal in the Residence Halls must sign and comply with the "WWCC Residence Halls Service/Assistance Animal Comprehension Document".

Assistance Animals: Assistance Animals will only be permitted in the Residence Halls if each the following conditions are met:
  1. The resident has a disability.
  2. The animal is necessary to afford the individual an equal opportunity to use and enjoy a dwelling.
  3. There is an identifiable nexus between the disability and the assistance the animal provides.
  4. The resident must submit the completed "WWCC Assistance Animal Request Form" to the WWCC ADA Specialist.
  5. Approval of the assistance animal must be granted by the WWCC ADA Specialist and the Dean of Students.

Students who are approved to have an Assistance Animal in the residence halls must sign and comply with the "WWCC Residence Halls Service/Assistance Animal Comprehension Document".

Residence Halls & Dining: What are the quiet hours in the Residence Halls?

10:00pm - 7:00am on Sunday - Thursday
12:00am - 7:00am on Friday - Saturday

During this time there will be no loud social gatherings or other noise disruptions such as loud televisions, music, gaming systems, etc. Anyone found to be in violation of quiet hours as determined by the RA will risk sanctions. During the last week of classes and Finals Week, a 24-hour quiet hour period will be enforced. Exceptions to these quiet hours can only be made by the Dean of Students or Coordinator of Residence Halls.

Residence Halls & Dining: How can I reserve a room at Aspen for a guest?

Call the Residence Halls Assistant. All short-term stays must be related to a Western event, such as a sporting or theatre event.

Residence Halls & Dining: What are the vaccination requirements to live on campus?

In accordance to Policy 5450B, Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR) and Meningococcal (Meningitis) records must be submitted in order to live on campus. If you have never had the vaccinations, you must receive them before living on campus. Immunization records can often be obtained through your high school. See policy for exemption qualifications.

Student Accounts: How do I know what I owe?

All account information is accessible on your Mustang WebAdvisor. Email notifications will be sent to you nd are no longer mailed. It is important to check your Mail Cruiser email on a regular basis.

Student Accounts: When is payment due?

Due dates are published in the class schedule each semester. All bills and access to information on the amount due are limited to the student without a signed release on file, so be sure that you are communicating with your student. Contact Mustang Central with questions.

Student Accounts: How do I make a payment?

You can make a payment through Mustang WebAdvisor. Go to "Student Accounts - Financial Aid" and select "View Account and Make Payments" from the menu. Select the Make A Payment tab. Select the term and make a payment using a credit card following the simple instructions. Payments must be made by the payment deadline to avoid late fees or being sent to Collections.

Student Accounts: Are payment plans available?

Yes, payments plans are available for students enrolled in 6 or more credits for the Fall and Spring terms. The payment plans are designed as a three-payment setup with a $50 setup fee. Students must complete the Payment Plan Agreement form. If the first payment is not made, students taking 6 or more credits are automatically set up on a plan and charged the fee. Payment plans are not available for summer term. International students must have permission from the VP for Student Services to make payments.

Student Accounts: What does an Accounts Receivable or Cash Only Hold on my account mean?

An Accounts Receivable hold indicates that you have a balance due on your account. The amount must be paid in full for the hold to be released. Students cannot register for classes if they have an account balance from a previous term. You can pay online using Mustang WebAdvisor, or you may contact Mustang Central. A Cash Only hold is placed on any student's account when he or she has been sent to internal or external collections. Payment in full must be made at the time of registration, or proof of financial aid must be provided, for the hold to be overridden. The hold remains in effect for two terms following the account's placement in collections.

Student Accounts: How do I get a Statement of Account?

To access your statement of account, log in to Mustang Cruiser and WebAdvisor. Go to "Student Account-Financial Aid" and select "View Account and Make Payments." Click on the "View Account" button in the top right corner. This will open a printable PDF with all of the details of your account.

Student Jobs: How do I find out about student jobs?

Student Jobs: How do I apply for an on-campus job?

You are required to fill out an electronic application at

Student Jobs: How do I become eligible for a student job?

You need to be enrolled in at least six credit hours to be eligible for student employment.

Student Jobs: How many hours can I work in a week as an international student?

International students may not work more than 20 hours per week.

Student Jobs: Is there a limit to the number of jobs a student can have on campus?

Yes. Students may work a maximum of two campus jobs.

Student Jobs: Can I get help completing an employment application?

Yes. See Human Resources on the 3rd floor or call 307-382-1610.

Student Jobs: What documents do I need to have if I am hired for an on-campus job?

You need to provide original documents in order to complete your I-9 employment verification. The Form I-9 lists all acceptable documents. You must provide one original form of identification from List A OR one original document from List B and one original document from List C. If your position will require use of a College vehicle, then you will also need to provide a copy of your driver's license.

Student Jobs: When can I start looking for on-campus jobs?

You can look for student jobs anytime that jobs are posted on Human Resources job site at

Student Jobs: If I am an International student how do I get a job on campus?

  • You must get permission to work on campus from Kay Leum or Mark Rembacz by getting your I-20 signed after you have completed one semester at Western.
  • After one semester, if satisfactory academic progress is maintained and your GPA is at least 3.00, then you may apply to work on campus for subsequent semesters.
  • If you do not have a valid United States Social Security card, you will need to see the Student Support Assistant (located in Student Engagement) to get a signed letter to apply for a Social Security Card with Social Security Administration (located at 79 Winston Drive, Rock Springs, WY 82901). You cannot apply for a Social Security number until after you obtain on-campus employment.
  • Once you apply, the Social Security Administration will give you a letter stating that you've applied and that you will receive your card in approximately two weeks. Give the letter to your supervisor to make a copy for Human Resources.
  • Once you receive your original Social Security card in the mail (approximately two weeks from application date), you need to bring it to Human Resources, located on 3rd floor, so they can make a copy for your personnel file.

Student Life: How can I become more involved with campus activities?

Whether you live on or off campus, there are many activities to get involved in. Watch for the advertisements throughout campus, mostly in the main hallway near the Information Desk. Attend the events! You will meet new people at each event and have a lot of fun!

  • Run for a position in the ASG (Associated Student Government). ASG is responsible for coordinating campus activities and events.
  • Apply to be a Resident Assistant. RAs are students who live on campus and are there to be a positive resource for residents. They also create and coordinate programs on campus made to be both entertaining and educational.
  • Join a club. If there isn't a club for something you are interested in, then create a club!

Student Life: How do I start a club on campus?

Pick up a packet from Mustang Central. This packet will guide you through the process of creating a club.

Student Life: How do I run for ASG (Associated Student Government)?

When elections are open, you need to get a petition from Mustang Central. You will need 25 students to sign the petition and turn it back in. You may campaign if you wish after the petition has been accepted. Voting takes place electronically on Mustang Cruiser.

Student Life: When do I receive an access/ID card?

You receive an access card when you move into the residence halls. Off-Campus and Part-Time students, or other students who need a card, should visit Mustang Central to get a Student ID.

Student Life: How do I get a replacement access card if I lose or break mine?

The cost to replace an access card is $20. You may obtain a replacement access card at Mustang Central.

Student Life: Who do I contact for Lost and Found?

Please contact the Front Desk at 307-382-1809 or Physical Resource office at 307-382-1681.

Student Life: How do I get a wellness pass?

If you are a community member or are in the ESL or Community Education program, please go to the Business Office to pay the $50 fee per semester or $25 for the summer and then to the Media Center to obtain an access card. If you are a taking credit or audit courses, please go to Mustang Central to pay the $15 fee and obtain your access card.

Student Resources: How do I report a suspected Title IX violation?

Students who feel they have been the victim of sexual harassment, sexual assault, stalking, sexual violence or sex based discrimination may utilize any of the College’s normal reporting systems including the Reporting Form (“R”) online system. Each incident will be investigated and administered according to the College’s student conduct and non-academic appeals processes (Policy 5420A and 5430C). See the procedure for detail. The institution may take interim measures as necessary, such as issuing a no-contact order, while a complaint is being investigated. Students may also contact local law enforcement directly to initiate a legal report. Students may also contact the Support, Disability, and Counseling Center for support and referral.

Student Resources: What is the policy for a non-academic grievance?

The College has a grievance procedure available to hear student complaints about unfair treatment, including suspension and dismissal from the College. This nonacademic grievance procedure seeks to ensure that students are treated fairly with due process. Due process ensures the student that the College is not arbitrary in its actions. In all cases, due process requires that students know the charges against them, have the opportunity to refute these charges, and have the right to appeal. Once confronted with the charges and the college’s decision, students may appeal this decision to the Student Affairs Appeals Board. This board serves to safeguard these rights and also strives to fairly and reasonably interpret various College policies relating to student conduct. The entire policy may be found in the student handbook on the College website or by contacting the Vice President for Student Services.

Student Resources: Does the college offer an accidental insurance Policy?

Yes. The College provides 24-hour accidental injury insurance which covers the full-time student from the first day of classes in the fall through the last day of final examinations in the spring. The coverage limit is $1,500. Certain restrictions apply. Please see the Vice President for Student Services Office if you have questions about this policy. This policy acts as secondary to any other existing insurance policy. Policy can act as primary if the injured student has no other insurance coverage. In some cases, proof of non-coverage will be required. This policy will pay up to $1500 for an accidental injury. This policy covers reasonable and customary costs of X-rays, laboratory work, hospital work, hospital stays, physician’s fees, ambulance, medicines, as rendered by a licensed US medical provider. The maximum benefit of $1,500 is as a result of any one accident.

Student Resources: How do I file an accidental insurance claim?

In the event of a claim, the student should:

  • If at the College, report at once to the office of the Vice President for Student Services (room 3011). See the Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Student Services or e-mail or (307) 382-1655.
  • If away from the College, consult a qualified doctor or hospital for treatment and upon returning, report promptly to the office of the Vice President for Student Services for instruction in filing for benefits.


Support, Disability
& Counseling:
Where is the Support, Disability, & Counseling Center located?

The Support, Disability, and Counseling Center is located in Room 2011 (on the 2nd floor next to the Peer Tutor Center).

Support, Disability
& Counseling:
How do I make an appointment with a Counselor or the Disability Support Services Specialist?

Appointments may be scheduled by calling 307-382-1652 or by visiting the Support, Disability, and Counseling Center in Room 2011.

Support, Disability
& Counseling:
How much does counseling cost?

There is no charge for counseling services.

Support, Disability
& Counseling:
Can I see a counselor without an appointment?

Yes, drop-in counseling is welcomed but is based on counselor availability.

Support, Disability
& Counseling:
What should I expect from counseling?

Our counselors will provide support and help identify and discuss your own personal goals for counseling. Counseling is confidential and is a collaborative process between you and the counselor. The counselor may ask questions to help understand your feelings and thoughts and how they affect your life. The counselor may also make direct suggestions or may refer you to a more appropriate professional.

Support, Disability
& Counseling:
Will records of my counseling services be kept confidential?

Counseling records are not a part of your academic record and are covered by special confidentiality laws. There are exceptions to confidentiality which your counselor can discuss with you.

Support, Disability
& Counseling:
How do I obtain accommodations in college if I was on an Individual Educational Plan (IEP) in high school?

Contact the Support, Disability, and Counseling Center (SDC) to meet with the Disability Support Services Specialist (DSSS). Call 307-382-1652 to make an appointment.

Support, Disability
& Counseling:
How do I determine if I qualify for accommodations?

Contact the Support, Disability, and Counseling Center (SDC) to meet with the Disability Support Services Specialist (DSSS). The DSSS will determine eligibility based upon a documented disability. Call 307-382-1652 to make an appointment.

Support, Disability
& Counseling:
What types of disabilities qualify for accommodations?

Health conditions that interfere with daily life activities qualify a person to receive accommodations. Examples of diagnosis(s) that may qualify: Specific Learning Disabilities, Hearing and Vision Impairments, Autoimmune Disorders, Seizure Disorders, Depression, Bi-Polar Disorder, Anxiety, Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficient Disorder (ADD), Dysgraphia, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), are only but a few health conditions which may qualify for accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Contact the Disability Office for more information: 307-382-1652.

For more information, contact WWCC's main help line at (307) 382-1600.
(307) 382-1600 or toll free (800) 226-1181