MOBILE         STUDENTS         VISITORS & FRIENDS         A-Z INDEX         DIRECTORY         WWCC JOBS         CAMPUS MAP         FAQ MyWWCC
WWCC Logo  
Left Navigation Bar About WWCC Academics Services Admissions WWCC Life Athletics Right Navigation Bar
Layout transition
Social Media Icons Facebook Twitter YouTube LinkedIn Google+ Tumblr Instagram
FAQ's >
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Why is there a hold on my student account?
All degree-seeking students at Western have an advising hold on their accounts. The hold will prevent you from being able to add or drop any classes without your advisors approval. To make schedule changes or to register for an upcoming semester, you will need to make an appointment with your academic advisor. Please view the staff and faculty directory for your advisors contact information.

Can I complete my degree online?
There are several degrees you can complete online. Please look at the distance education site for specific degrees that may be completed at a distance.

What is the best way to get ahold of my instructor?
You should read your syllabus to see the best way to get in contact with your instructor. However, making note of their office hours and stopping by when they are scheduled to be in their office is a great plan. A second option is to send them an email to either set up an appointment or have the question answered electronically. View the staff and faculty directory.

How do I find out my Mustang Cruiser user name and password?
You can call Mustang Central at 307-382-1637 or the ACE IT Center at 307-382-1660 to receive your user name and password for Mustang Cruiser.

How do I drop a class?
You must make an appointment with your academic advisor in order to drop a class. Your academic advisor must approve any additions or deletions to your schedule.

When is the graduation application deadline?
The graduation deadline varies by semester. However, it is generally as follows: fall completion, November deadline; spring completion, March deadline; summer completion, May deadline. Visit Mustang Central for more information about graduation.

How do I find my degree audit?
To access your degree audit, log in to Mustang Cruiser. Then, click on the Mustang WebAdvisor link in the top red bar and go to Registration-Planning. On the left hand side, in the black, you can click on Degree Audit Evaluation. Select your current academic program. If you are considering changing programs and would like to see what classes count toward another degree, look through the drop-down menu and select a new program, then click submit. Select your corresponding catalog year, click submit and your evaluation will populate. If you have any questions about the classes you have taken, need to take, or are having a difficult time understanding your degree audit, you can make an appointment with your academic advisor or with the ACE IT Center.

When do I sign up for placement testing?
You should complete any placement testing before attending meeting with your academic advisor. You can sign up for placement testing at any time. Please call 307-382-1600 or 307-382-1660 to schedule your test. View our placement testing schedule.

How do I find out who my advisor is?
To find out who your advisor is, log in to Mustang Cruiser and select the Mustang WebAdvisor tab, then select registration planning (top left), then My Profile (bottom left), you advisor will be displayed on this page. Or you can contact the ACE IT Center at 307-382-1660 or Mustang Central at 307-382-1677.

How do I register for classes?
You can register for classes by meeting with your advisor to discuss your schedule and have the advising hold removed. Once you have identified the courses you need and the availability of them, you should log in to your Mustang Cruiser account and register for the courses.

I am only taking online classes. How do I take a Placement Test?
You can take placement tests by contacting your local outreach site or the ACE IT Center to schedule a test on the Rock Springs campus.

I want to change my major. Who do I need to speak to?
If you would like to change your major you can contact the ACE IT Center and they will update your major and assign you a new academic advisor.

I have been accepted but I have not heard anything,. When will I find out how to register?
If you are a new student who is planning to attend full time, you will receive registration information in the mail. If you are a part time or returning student please contact the ACE IT Center and make an appointment to enroll in classes with an academic advisor. Transfer students with more than 12 credit hours and a GPA above 2.0 may also contact the ACE IT Center to register for courses.

I need to talk to my advisor and I cannot get ahold of them. What do I do?
Check their office hour schedule and try to go during that time. You may also want to call or email them to schedule an appointment.

What classes do I need to take?
Western's catalog will tell you what courses you need to take for every degree and certificate offered at Western. After you pull this, log in to Mustang WebAdvisor to get a list of courses you still need to take from your degree audit evaluation. In order to make a sound academic plan, you should meet with your advisor.

How do I find my class schedule?
To access your semester course schedule, log in to Mustang Cruiser. Once you log in, click on the Mustang WebAdvisor link in the top red bar and go to Registration-Planning. On the left hand side, in the black, you can click on My Class Schedule. Select the appropriate term and click submit. Your semester schedule will show you what classes you are in, what times they start and end, as well as the start and end dates for the courses.

Questions related to internships on campus.
Contact the ACE IT Center to make an appointment with our Student Success Advisor for Careers, Employment, and Internships. You can receive help with your résumé and application for internship.

Where are my Placement Test scores? Can I get a copy and schedule the test?
Your placement test scores are available if you took the test through WWCC. You may pick up a copy and/or schedule a test in the ACE IT Center.

How can I schedule a CLEP test?
To find out availability on CLEP testing or to schedule your test, please contact the ACE IT Center at 307-382-1660.

I got a letter saying I'm on academic alert. What does that mean and how can it go away?
If you are on academic alert, you have earned a semester GPA of less than a 2.0 in one semester. A hold has been placed on any registration transactions and no changes to schedules (add or drop classes) can be made without the appropriate advisor signatures. In order to have the hold taken off, a minimum GPA of 2.0 must be earned. It is advisable to make an appointment with the ACE IT Center to discuss your academic standing.

I'm on academic probation. Now what?
If you are on academic probation, that means you have had two consecutive semesters of earning a GPA of less than a 2.0. The registration hold will continue and you are required to make an appointment with the ACE IT Center to register for classes or change your schedule. During the appointment, your academic standing will be discussed as well as the repercussions should your GPA continue to be lower than a 2.0.

I'm on academic suspension.
If you have earned less than a 2.0 for three consecutive semesters, you will not be allowed to register for classes for at least one semester (summer semester DOES NOT count as your semester off). If you have already sat out for a semester and would like to register for classes, you will need to make an appointment with the ACE IT Center. You will be placed on academic probation and must earn a GPA of 2.0 or higher during the semester you return.

I want to appeal my academic suspension. What do I need to do?
All appeals for academic suspension must be submitted to the Registrar in Mustang Central. Students not satisfied with the Registrar's ruling may appeal to the Vice-President of Student Services.

For more information, contact the ACE IT Center at (307) 382-1660 or
(307) 382-1600 or toll free (800) 226-1181