Transfer Out Resources

College's that majority of Western graduates transfer to:

The 4-year schools below are popular destinations for those Western students wishing to continue their education by pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree. Scroll to the bottom of the list for online-only program options.


Interested in transferring to another institution or you do not know where you want to transfer to, contact the Mustang Success office at (307) 382-1660 or email to schedule an appointment.

Additional Transfer Resources: 

  • Online Accredited Colleges
  • Peterson’s - College Search
  • WyoTransfer
  • A tool to help keep your degree on track.

    WyoTransfer makes it easier for you to evaluate how the credits you’ve earned may transfer or apply toward an educational program at another school in Wyoming. Explore the courses, programs, and services offered at Wyoming’s seven community colleges and the university in Wyoming in one simple location.

  • Automatically import the courses you’ve taken from Wyoming’s seven community colleges and the University of Wyoming.
  • Search for courses, programs, course equivalencies, and transfer agreements for the courses you’ve already taken.
  • View comprehensive college profiles to learn more about the schools that interest you the most.

Frequently Asked Questions about WyoTransfer

Transfer credit refers to credit earned at one college or university that is transferred to a second institution. During the transfer credit evaluation process, the receiving institution evaluates the classes taken and credits earned at each institution to determine which courses will be accepted in transfer and how those courses will apply to the requirements for the program into which you are transferring. After the transfer evaluation is completed by the receiving institution, transfer credit will appear on a student's academic transcript from that institution.

Western evaluates transfer credit through policies and academic departments. Since course content and learning outcomes can change, articulation decisions carry effective dates. Course and articulation data is updated routinely.

How credits transfer is specific to the receiving institution; any two colleges or universities may treat the same class differently. To be sure you know how your class(es) will transfer, speak to an advisor in Mustang Success 307-382-1660. 

All credits that meet grade requirements transfer to public colleges and universities in Wyoming except developmental or remedial credits. For transfer of credit from non-public colleges and universities in Wyoming, courses are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. In both instances, how credits transfer is the more critical issue. There are two primary types of transfer credit:

  • Equivalent Credit - The receiving institution accepts the transfer course as equivalent to their course. Equivalent credit means the institution(s) will treat the class as if you had taken the class on their campus
  • Elective Credit - The transfer course does not have a specific equivalent course at the receiving institution(s). The course does not fulfill major requirements; however, it may still be used as elective credit.

Some institutions have a required GPA for transfer students. Some majors require prerequisite courses, a minimum GPA, special application, or other requirements prior to transferring. To find out if your intended major has any special admissions criteria, contact an advisor in Mustang Success 307-382-1660.

Complete an application for admission (or readmission) at least two semesters before you plan to attend. For example, apply for fall semester in the early spring. This will give you enough time to submit the appropriate application forms and have official college transcripts sent to the receiving college or university for review. Remember, you must have an official college transcript sent directly from each institution where you completed the course(s). If you transferred multiple times, then you will need to contact each prior institution. Since it may take at least 6-8 weeks for delivery, make sure you apply early and are aware of any pending application and scholarship deadlines.

Although institutions generally accept an unlimited number of transfer credits, each institution has limits on the maximum number of credits it will apply to a certificate or degree program.

If you don't see the course you are looking for, it does not mean it will not transfer. Contact Western for more information. Not sure who to contact? Check the College Profiles.

WyoTransfer serves the eight public colleges and universities in Wyoming. Other for-profit or private colleges and universities are not listed in this guide. Ask an advisor at your college or university if you have questions about transferring to for-profit, private, or out-of-state institutions.

WyoTransfer allows a student to search for courses, programs, course equivalencies, transfer agreements and college profiles. 

  • Courses - When a student searches for courses, they have the option to search by school and course subject, prefix and number, title, or description.
  • Programs - When a student searches for programs, they have the option to search by college and award type (i.e. certificate, associate, bachelors, masters or doctoral) or, by major/program/concentration and then distance from a specific zip code. This allows them to find the degree program that makes sense for them at a specific college or within a certain distance of where they live.
  • Course Equivalencies - This level of search gives the best information for the student to determine which courses transfer between two different schools.
  • Transfer Agreements - Similar to a course equivalency search, this tool will provide a list of transfer agreements between two schools and can be further refined for a specific program such as accounting.

Once you create an account, you’re presented with three options:

  1. Import your course history - Here you can import your course history from any of the participating institutions or add courses manually.
  2. Find your best transfer school - Here you can quickly see where your courses transfer.
  3. Share your information - Here is where you can submit a transfer request to a specific participating institution.

Having an account allows them to you to access your course history, manage course equivalency maps, transfer requests and messages all in one location.

An equivalency map will show you available equivalencies from the institution you specified for all the courses in your course history. Create new Equivalency Maps to find out how your courses would transfer to another institution. Select multiple equivalency maps to compare how your courses would transfer to up to 3 institutions.

A student can request to speak with a transfer advisor at a specific college or all participating colleges with or without creating an account.  Typically, inquiries are sent directly to admissions staff to respond. The college should respond within 5 business days to the email inquiry from

Want to learn more about us?

Western is an award-winning college in both our on-campus and distance learning programs. We believe our students come first, and your success is our #1 priority. Our motto says it best: “Enter with passion, leave with purpose”. Let us help you on your path to success!