Internships and Clubs
Student Nurses Association (SNA)
Creating a community of nursing and pre-nursing students, while conveying the standards and ethics of the nursing profession.
Membership in the SNA provides the opportunity to volunteer on campus and in our service area communities. These events not only help the communities and campus, but they also help in raising money for future SNA events.
SNA Volunteer Opportunities
- Annual Soup & Bake Sale
- Mustang Preview Day
- Community 5k/10k Walks/Runs
- Toy, Food, & Clothes Drive
- Adopt a Grandparent and Family for Christmas
- Blood Drive
- Western's Homecoming
- Thanksgiving Pot Luck
- Highway Clean-up
For more information, contact Western's SNA Faculty Representatives or find Western's SNA page on Facebook.
The Foundation of SNA
- To assume responsibility for contributing to nursing education in order to provide for the highest quality health care.
- To provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interests and concerns.
- To aid in the development of the whole person, his/her professional role, and his/her responsibility for the health care of people in all walks of life.
- To promote and encourage participation in community affairs and activities towards improved health care and the resolution of related social issues.
- To promote and encourage collaborative relationships with professional nursing and related health organizations.
To provide a professional organization and unite the students enrolled in pre-nursing courses and those enrolled in the nursing curriculum.
We, the students of nursing believe there is a common need to organize, to represent ourselves to the consumer and other health disciplines, and to assume our place in the profession of nursing.
We believe every person has a right to the highest quality of health care.
We believe in the development of the whole student toward his/her professional role encompassing the art and science of nursing.