Natural Gas Compression Technology
The Natural Gas Compression Technology program at Western is designed to prepare the student for employment within the industry. Students will acquire the ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain compression equipment as a result of lecture and hands-on training in compression theory, pneumatics, compressor mechanics, gas engine mechanics, electric motors, precision measuring, alignment, vibration analysis, oil analysis, balancing, and safety. Training will also take place within areas related to industrial technology courses. Students can graduate within this program with a one-year certificate or two-year degree, and will be a valuable asset to the natural gas compression industry.
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Good interpersonal skills in relating with external customers and internal company representatives
- Mechanical and analytical aptitude
- Ability to drive a vehicle; must maintain a current and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work in a safe manner
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate skills in startup, shutdown, and loading of the compression package.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of engine system theories of operation.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of compressor theories of operation.