Western Wyoming Community College and the Wyoming Department of Family Services (DFS) are pleased to offer current degree seeking parents childcare grants of up to $6000 for the 2023 – 2024 academic year. Western and DFS recognize residual hardships stemming from Covid and this one-time opportunity is aimed at Western parents and guardians of children between six weeks through preschool.
Who is eligible?
- Students enrolled in a Western degree, credit diploma, or certificate program for the Fall 2023 Semester.
- Citizens, non-citizens, and international students
- Students enrolled in online, hybrid, or in-person classes (any combination)
- Students experiencing one or more of the following due to childcare costs:
- Reduced college course load
- Reduced credits earned in prior academic term
- Risk of reduced credits in the upcoming academic term
- Childcare costs prohibitive
Who is not eligible?
- Students not enrolled Fall 2023 / Spring 2024 Semester
- Students enrolled in dual and/or concurrent courses
- Students enrolled in a non-degree program
- Students enrolled in only life enrichment and/or professional development courses
- Students with no childcare costs
- Students currently receiving DFS childcare subsidies or assistance
Assisting with Childcare Costs (total possible over two terms)
6 Weeks - 24 Mos
24 - 30 Months
2.5 - 3.4 Years
|Preschool / PreK
3.5 - 6 Years
Grant awards are prorated based on student enrollment as follows:
- 100% for full-time status (FT), 12+ credits
- 75% for quarter-time status (QT), 9-11 credits
- 50% for half-time status (HT), 6-8 credits
- 25% for less than half-time status (LTHT), 1-5 credits
Request More Information
If you are an existing student, please visit the MyWestern portal, under Financial Aid, for an application form. For new students, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.