Western's Marketing Department works with news outlets to promote and support the academic mission of Western Wyoming Community College.
We publicize the ways that Western's faculty, staff, students and alumni are making a difference and tell those stories by promoting events, exhibits, lectures, athletics and other activities of the College.
We promote the College by:
- Crafting news releases and distributing them
- Building and distributing digital and print marketing pieces
- Connecting with the community through social media
- Adding events to calendars throughout the state and locally
Nearly all College activities are free and open to the public to ensure they are accessible to anyone wishing to attend.
General Information for the Media
- All media interviews must be coordinated by the Marketing Department to protect our students. Contact us for permission prior to covering a story.
- Classrooms are a private space nothing said in a classroom can be published, and no photos can be taken.
- For major events with an attendance of over 100 people, such as graduation, contact us to coordinate as there will likely be multiple outlets covering the event.
General Information for Outside Promotion on Campus
- Western does allow businesses that follow our rules and guidelines to put up posters on campus. All posters must be approved by the front desk.
- The Marketing Department is happy to work on marketing efforts with those businesses offering special rates, discounts, or sales to our students.